Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobody used this yet

Ryan Mason Reaction GIF by MolaTV
We were saving it for Thursday. FFS you ruined it

We shouldn’t be hiring based on an 8 game sample size with an up and down squad. That’s how United got ole.

Hope I’m wrong, but I get the sense that that’s what Levy’s hoping for - a good 6 game run by Ryan so that he can give him the job. Of course, I hope Ryan does really well, but even if that ends up the case, the sample size and need to revamp the squad over the summer concerns me.

Personally I think employing a 31 year old as a first team coach let alone manager, who used to be a player at the club and who used to play with members of the current squad has to be a rather stupid idea.

Yes, im sure the right man to coach a squad renowned for lacking discipline, courage and which has been lambasted as being too “ooo friends” with one another is Ryan Mason. Everyones best friend. Yeah I’m sure hes going to bench his mates.

They all probably play Fortnite together after training

Sorry state of affairs. Unprofessional. Mason should be a youth coach at most.

Nah, they do. The militaristic style of Mourinho and Conte is what has brought them to this point. They are all too nervous, terrified to make a mistake and don’t enjoy being on the grass. It’s obvious to anyone watching that the players don’t enjoy playing football, the pressure is too much. Conte was right about that.

These soft lads need an arm around the shoulder, relax and enjoy the game. Similar to what OGS did when he took over from Mourinho. Of course long term we need to completely rebuild the sporting culture of the club but right now the players need to let off steam. Just release the handbrake and let them play.

Of course a proper team shouldn’t need to treat their players like frightened children but that’s where we are. We don’t have a strong team.
Someone like Ancelotti would be ideal. His style is basically to establish a functioning defense and then just to put his attackers in positions to have fun.

Nagelsmann would probably also work well. But Don Carlo is the definition of the loveable uncle in football.

Someone like Ancelotti would be ideal. His style is basically to establish a functioning defense and then just to put his attackers in positions to have fun.

Nagelsmann would probably also work well. But Don Carlo is the definition of the loveable uncle in football.

Sounds veeeery similar to Jose who the big complaint was that he only worked on defending and had no patterns of play in attack, just let Kane and Son do their thing.

It's actually pretty common as coaches in all sports get older that they believe more in their work on defending and discipline, then just try and recruit the best attacking talent they can get.

Nah, they do. The militaristic style of Mourinho and Conte is what has brought them to this point. They are all too nervous, terrified to make a mistake and don’t enjoy being on the grass. It’s obvious to anyone watching that the players don’t enjoy playing football, the pressure is too much. Conte was right about that.

These soft lads need an arm around the shoulder, relax and enjoy the game. Similar to what OGS did when he took over from Mourinho. Of course long term we need to completely rebuild the sporting culture of the club but right now the players need to let off steam. Just release the handbrake and let them play.

Of course a proper team shouldn’t need to treat their players like frightened children but that’s where we are. We don’t have a strong team.
or maybe a militaristic style is exactly what we need: get rid off all the players that can't handle the pressure is the only way to improve our dimension
or we can continue to flow between 8th and 4th place with 0 trophies forever

Back
Top Bottom