Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know he's rapidly becoming more and more of a caricature of himself but I've championed Harry Redknapp since march. Simply because of his ability to put an arm around the likes of bale, Dele etc. I just can't see the point of mason. He's too young and we all know it. If Jose couldn't control Ndombele do we honestly think Mason will. It's just all wrong. I honestly think top 4 was there for the taking if we'd sacked Jose a fortnight earlier.
I think Levy has gone for a cheap and relatively safe option. None of his targets are available as of yet. I don't get the impression Levy expects much from Ryan, but I think he expects him to mend some of the psychological and tactical damage caused by Jose, which is becoming more and more apparent.
I don't know who else there was to pick for the interim role internally. It may have been Levy's only option. Obviously, Jose's team had to go and I wouldn't trust Sacramento to boil an egg let alone manage people.

As for externally, again not sure who is available/appropriate. Redknapp may be expensive or he not want to do it at all or for two months.

I think Levy has gone for a cheap and relatively safe option. None of his targets are available as of yet. I don't get the impression Levy expects much from Ryan, but I think he expects him to mend some of the psychological and tactical damage caused by Jose, which is becoming more and more apparent.
I don't know who else there was to pick for the interim role internally. It may have been Levy's only option. Obviously, Jose's team had to go and I wouldn't trust Sacramento to boil an egg let alone manage people.

As for externally, again not sure who is available/appropriate. Redknapp may be expensive or he not want to do it at all or for two months.
Hopefully Levy has agreed terms with a top manager who is currently in a job. I'm starting to get very worried that he hasn't got anyone lined up though and he's winging it.

This guy was employed because he got knocked in the head.

Now he's also famous for losing a trophy, I mean for fuck’s sake he spent half his career in between Yeovil Town and Doncaster!

What's Levy's next trick?

Maybe we'll employ John Bostock as manager!

We have seen Sissoko getting beat by his man on a free kick over and over and over. Insanity is doing the same thing again and expecting different results.

Some of these players defended brilliantly today and they are just let down by Sissoko again and again.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like the substitution and Sissoko would have been out of my 18 the moment he arrived, but I would have to think there is something up with Tanguy if he isnt even getting his warmups on

Now he's also famous for losing a trophy, I mean for fuck’s sake he spent half his career in between Yeovil Town and Doncaster!

It's not even harsh but true. It's just true. Yet people get falsely excited and go all us against the world.

Knocked in the head?? Behave yourself, he had a fractured skull. He almost died.

Call him out for his selections and tactics but no need for that bullshit.

I rarely comment on substitutions because as fans we have to accept that the manager knows more than us.
But taking off Lucas instead of the the completely ineffectual Son for Bale absolutely stank.

Last edited:
I posted this in the match day thread. Thought I would post it here as well.

I don’t blame Mason at all. He’s never managed at this level. To expect him to make good calls is unreasonable. He’s being put in charge to compete with one of the most successful managers in football and a squad built with billions. To expect something out of this final is in my opinion unreasonable. If Jose was setting us up and we failed to win, then yes. We can blame Jose because he has the experience and understands what it takes at this level.

Knocked in the head?? Behave yourself, he had a fractured skull. He almost died.

Call him out for his selections and tactics but no need for that bullshit.
He knows that. Same as me he's basically stated he's employed at spurs because of a head injury. Would everyone be happy with Kyle Naughton as manager because to me there's little difference.

So if he wasn't a Spurs lad it would be ok to call him a wanker? Or calling him a wanker is worse because he's a Spurs lad?

The non-Spurs lads can be abused more freely than Spurs lads. Is that your point?
This whole 'proper spurs lad-one of our own-hes still young give him time ' shit is really taking the piss now. Id rather have an improper non-spurs lad, who is not one of our own, and not young but does amazingly for spurs.

I do wonder why we went with Mason instead of Ledley. Ledley always struck me as the more cerebral player, and I may be wrong but I think he's been coaching longer.

I know this forum doesn't like the R word, but after seeing what this board has done with the super League, it's clear that shoddy shit isn't beyond them.

What other reason was there to pick Mason instead of Ledley?

I can see his logic for certain choices, not that I agree with them

Winks over Ndombele because he wanted someone to hold his position, Bale and Sissoko on because Bale does offer alot defensively, this is im sure HIS logic, almost worked but Sissoko can't track his runners

We had momenta but thats all they were

Ndombele not coming on at all is a mystery but the fact he's just lost 1-0 to Pep and his Oil team doesn't make him out of his depth considering many thought it would be a comfortable 3-4 nil win for City

The only reason it was not 3-4 nil is because city failed to finish chances and Lloris had a blinder. If anyone watched the game, theyd know we were absolutely rinsed from start to finish.

I do wonder why we went with Mason instead of Ledley. Ledley always struck me as the more cerebral player, and I may be wrong but I think he's been coaching longer.

I know this forum doesn't like the R word, but after seeing what this board has done with the super League, it's clear that shoddy shit isn't beyond them.

Does he have the right badges?

Lack of the right badges?

Why are people so surprised that a 29 years old former player, with the right badges, and zero management experience shite the bed against one of the best managers of all time while having six days of training? Having a laugh!
Levy is the daft cunt who made Ryan look like shit today. The sword as to fall on Daniel not on Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom