Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's just a babe. Plenty of time to come good.

Unfortunately I don’t think any player with such extreme physical problems is ever going to become a top player in the PL. He is made of glass and is never even available for selection. He might only be 21 still but the last 2 years have been a waste of time in developing him for the PL.

He was never fit during the first season here and last season he had a middling loan at a middling German team. As soon as he came back to English football and the demands of a PL training schedule he crocked himself again. Barring a miracle I think his career at this level is over already.

Unfortunately I don’t think any player with such extreme physical problems is ever going to become a top player in the PL. He is made of glass and is never even available for selection. He might only be 21 still but the last 2 years have been a waste of time in developing him for the PL.

He was never fit during the first season here and last season he had a middling loan at a middling German team. As soon as he came back to English football and the demands of a PL training schedule he crocked himself again. Barring a miracle I think his career at this level is over already.

Hehe, Mr Doom and Gloom!

I still think he'll come good (i.e. be a moderate success): I had no idea he's still only 21! Sure, I knew he was young but as we've been aware of him for years @ Fulham I was expecting something along the lines of 23-24 y/o.

Turns out he's scored 5 goals as a 16 y/o in his 1st season at Fulham - Christ!

On Sessegnon I must say I just seem to have got it wrong.

Yes he might currently be injured but even when fit, done he has done so little of note. Never made a difference. My marker of quality.

I honestly believed we had signed a star of the future but not happened and may not happen.

I think it's the clearest case of imposter syndrome in a footballer that I have seen but unless he or someone can unlock the inhibitor, then it's a big F.

He has the talent but it ain't escaping his fear.

If it doesn't work out with Sess do we agree that 19/20 was the biggest waste of money ever?!

Millions frittered away on Tanguy, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Jack Clarke. Added Bergwijn in January for the hell of it.

Good thing we only had Poch's severance package and Mou's salary to handle at the same time...

What's what you say... a Global Pandemic too?!

Fucking hell!

If it doesn't work out with Sess do we agree that 19/20 was the biggest waste of money ever?!

Millions frittered away on Tanguy, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Jack Clarke. Added Bergwijn in January for the hell of it.

Good thing we only had Poch's severance package and Mou's salary to handle at the same time...

Fucking hell!

What does that have to do with 2 trf windows that took place before covid hit?

Last edited:

Fucking hell!
It may have been worse than the summer we didn’t sign anyone.

Hehe, Mr Doom and Gloom!

I still think he'll come good (i.e. be a moderate success): I had no idea he's still only 21! Sure, I knew he was young but as we've been aware of him for years @ Fulham I was expecting something along the lines of 23-24 y/o.

Turns out he's scored 5 goals as a 16 y/o in his 1st season at Fulham - Christ!
Unfortunately that was the peak

Is this blokes legs made of paper? for a young man he is always injured, whats he going to be like when he hits his 30's... wheelchair bound?
I feel sorry for him but it may be worth getting rid of him now

Is this blokes legs made of paper? for a young man he is always injured, whats he going to be like when he hits his 30's... wheelchair bound?
I feel sorry for him but it may be worth getting rid of him now

We aren’t a charity, as Poch once said. Move him on now. Nobody knew if he was a full back or winger when we signed him and nothing has changed because he’s always bloody injured. Mentality problems I suspect.

He’s never really shown anything in his time here, even in the rare moments he’s been fit. But fuck, theoretically he’d be a perfect fit to come in and compete with Reguilon at LWB.

Has a goal scoring track record going back to his days in the Championship at Fulham. Conte wants that in a fullback.

He’s never really shown anything in his time here, even in the rare moments he’s been fit. But fuck, theoretically he’d be a perfect fit to come in and compete with Reguilon at LWB.

Has a goal scoring track record going back to his days in the Championship at Fulham. Conte wants that in a fullback.
Im sure he scored his goals playing much further forward and not from a full back position.

Im sure he scored his goals playing much further forward and not from a full back position.
Conte wants his fullbacks in goal scoring positions. Hakimi and Perisic were Inter’s third and fifth highest scoring players for Inter last season and were both top 5 in shots per game.

Also our two best goal scoring opportunities today besides Gio off the post fell to Reguilon and Emerson. If we’re executing Conte’s system correctly, our wingbacks should get the most scoring chances besides the strikers.

He's made of paper. How long is he out for now?

Him and Clarke were both speculative signings, neither has done anything whatsoever here and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

Conte will make a good player of Sess if he can keep his legs intact. More decisive in the attacking third than Reguilon and more secure in possession. He's due some mercy from the hamstring Gods.

He's made of paper. How long is he out for now?

Him and Clarke were both speculative signings, neither has done anything whatsoever here and that's not likely to change anytime soon.
Agree on Clarke, never understood that signing. But Sessegnon was the player of the year in the Championship at 17. Say what you will, but the Championship is a man’s league and good as any league in Europe outside the type five. Winning player of the year at 17 is massively impressive.

It was a good signing by us at the time. He’s just has been totally bereft of fitness and confidence ever since he came to us, damn shame.

Conte will make a good player of Sess if he can keep his legs intact. More decisive in the attacking third than Reguilon and more secure in possession. He's due some mercy from the hamstring Gods.

Needs to grow some nuts before he wins out in terms of being "decisive" or "secure".

Agree on Clarke, never understood that signing.

Clarke was just a low risk roll of the dice..... We shouldn't be shy of making such purchases.

Back
Top Bottom