Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte wants his fullbacks in goal scoring positions. Hakimi and Perisic were Inter’s third and fifth highest scoring players for Inter last season and were both top 5 in shots per game.

Also our two best goal scoring opportunities today besides Gio off the post fell to Reguilon and Emerson. If we’re executing Conte’s system correctly, our wingbacks should get the most scoring chances besides the strikers.
But we need wing backs who are genuine threats in attack. We don't have a Hakimi and we will have to convert one of our attackers to be like Perisic. Maybe Conte will play Son at left wing back:contesmile:

But we need wing backs who are genuine threats in attack. We don't have a Hakimi and we will have to convert one of our attackers to be like Perisic. Maybe Conte will play Son at left wing back:contesmile:
Bergwijn or Moura would be the leading candidates for that conversion. I don't think either of them fancies it though.

Is that so? Did you watch him at 16? Was he in the TOTS because of his play or the fact that he scored goals and was 16? Dele got accolades back when he was 19 too...about 5-ish years ago for both. How's that one going for us?

And England is never a place to overhype a young player, right? And beyond that, many a player has won an award but it doesn't mean they are a player; X has received some end of season acknowledgement therefore he must be a good player is a bad way to come to a decision about a player. I watched him.

Again, did you watch him back then? I did and it makes total sense as to why he looks like he has nothing...because he has nothing. There is nothing you can point to as a quality with this player. And that's why it was not remotely "goofy" to suggest it. Always disregard goals when rating a player until you've seen the context of the goals. They blur one's vision.

Again, you probably just needed to have watched him back then and not be thinking about the goals he once scored in another division. He was a goal-hanging cherry picker that creeped upfield until a long crossfield ball or FFC took it down the wing and crossed to their LB(?) in the 6yd box to tap in. He was never that quick, has no ball skills and thus can't beat a man, and is poor defensively. Not a good combination.
Hey Doc Doc was this a fat-finger situation or do you actually disagree with this take? I'd be interested to hear your competing take if so.

Hey Doc Doc was this a fat-finger situation or do you actually disagree with this take? I'd be interested to hear your competing take if so.
Just think he's a decent player at LWB. Good to pass-and-move, good strength and speed, good strike, good firm low crosses, accurate infield passer, defending noticably improved over the course of last season (especially in the air). Just a sick-note who's body hasn't given him the opportunity to kick on and find his groove at PL level.

Loan out to Hoffenheim in 20/21, apparently was decent enough there despite being crocked a good portion of the time.
Back with us in 21/22, made a couple of forgettable ECL appearances before the Crock-doctor came a callin’…

Has scored against Bayern at the Allianz though, let’s not forget

:contehandshead:

Just think he's a decent player at LWB. Good to pass-and-move, good strength and speed, good strike, good firm low crosses, accurate infield passer, defending noticably improved over the course of last season (especially in the air). Just a sick-note who's body hasn't given him the opportunity to kick on and find his groove at PL level.
Appreciate the explanation. Not gonna quibble with it because a debate over it wasn't why I asked for it. I am not sure, however, that any of this negates the points I made. And accepting every point you've made as fact IMO still wouldn't have made this a xfer that had to happen at 25M nor would he have been in the TOTs because of it.

Let's hope Conte's setup will maximize the value of these attributes you list.

He got a hamstring injury whilst with the England U-21s last international break. Hopefully will be back during this break. Conte's system will be perfect for him and we can finally figure out whether he was worth the €25m or not.

hate to be harsh on players but the few times I’ve seen him play for Spurs he has been slow and indecisive, lacking any real threat. I don’t know what I was expecting but at least a fast player but he has looked sooo slow on and off the ball.

Sounds like he is still miles off. You've got to wonder about his mental state after picking up all these same injuries. It must feel like he's never going to get better.

I suspect, like Dele who had a similar hamstring injury, it is caused by over use and playing mens football too young. Both him and Dele were playing pro football at the age of 16 years old. Surely that is too young, however good they are?

Back
Top Bottom