Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He started shakily today but I thought that he grew into the game and did decently.

Not amazing, but well enough.

I don't think he is likely to pass Reguilon in the starting 11 but showed today that there is talent there and I feel much more comfortable with him as a back-up if Reguilon is out for a few games and someone that can be useful going forward.

Really enjoyed watching him today. I never really saw him with Fulham or abroad so everything I’ve heard has been taken in faith.

He’s been too timid for us so far and the other day was his living nightmare, but today I saw a player on the pitch with a bit of quality and there’s stuff to admire. Not least, he’s bloody fast! I think Conte will be pleased.

It is amazing that the window where we signed Sessegnon, Lo Celso, and Ndombele has done as much damage as where we went 18 months without signing anybody! What the fuck have we been doing asa club the past few years, the drop in the quality of our players is unbelievable.
You can view that from an alternative aspect as well

The year we didn’t buy anyone the media were selling all our players and everyone expected us to lose the best of the squad

Well levy stood firm and we didn’t sell anyone other than walker. We just didn’t have the mega bucks to improve on that squad … I think dejong was the only one we offered but he chose Barca

Anyhow not signing anyone did harm us but conversely so did not selling those lauded players because turned out they’d peaked

The numbers were massive as it was the transfer market peak also

So a good amount of damage was but not in the obvious way most people view it to be

We can’t give half those players away now

Another good performance. Starting to look a bit like the player that we thought that we bought.

I liked that he got into the Liverpool box as much as possible

Making a strong case to be the starting LWB. The predictions that Conte will get a tune out of him look good so far, even if it's early days. Reguilon should start to get worried.

Going to wingbacks might just save his career here. He looks so much more suited to it than any other system.

Back
Top Bottom