Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone expecting a mix of Gareth Bale and Raheem Sterling is going to bitterly disappointed. This kid's game isn't taking on defenders and beating them with amazing ball control or tricky wing play - practically all of his goals were scored arriving late in the box at the far post to knock in a pass across the penalty box, à la his Bayern Munich goal. Like Trippier or Davies this guy won't be knocking the ball past defenders and leaving them for dead with pace or tying them up in knots with ball skills, in fact his skill set is very limited and I'm not very hopeful that he'll prove to be any more successful that the previously mentioned.
Hang on, are you his new PR guy or summit?

WIth the team so disjointed, putting it nicely, at the moment, I wouldnt expect much from him to start with as there is no fluidity and good team performances breed confidence in younger players generally. He'll have a good game here or there but will need time to get his confidence going and for him to learn what sort of player he is at this level. I've seen him come back inside far more often than try and skin the full back down the outside so its difficult to understand what his strenghts are. He played LB, LW and RW for Fulham.

Harsh for fans to criticise him so soon.
For him not to stand out even a fraction when we are playing this bad is worrying

So a young 19 year old signs for our club has played how many games maybe 5, in a team that is out of form, underperforming has no chemistry at the moment and you people expect him to come out the blocks like usain bolt. I haven't heard such stupidity let him get proper games at LB with a defense that is functional, with a midfield that is functional then we can judge if he is good or not, this oh i'm underwhelmed is bullshit.

So a young 19 year old signs for our club has played how many games maybe 5, in a team that is out of form, underperforming has no chemistry at the moment and you people expect him to come out the blocks like usain bolt. I haven't heard such stupidity let him get proper games at LB with a defense that is functional, with a midfield that is functional then we can judge if he is good or not, this oh i'm underwhelmed is bullshit.
No people expect for 25M he might run or attempt at least one cross in those five games and not look as shit as everyone else.

It's what some of us have been saying and the bloke seems to know it himself.

If he arrives then great . No guarantee but I remain hopeful.
I've been a bit disappointed in myself, the way I have been playing recently. It's an honest assessment from me looking back at it.

Maybe TFC should tell Ryan he has actually played well, and he should stop being a negative prick and writing himself off. What does he know about his own game??

On the other hand, I’m over the fucking moon both he and Jose are addressing his no show start in a spurs shirt.

What a dissapointment he continues to be.

Hes young but he really needs to show far more courage. The amount of times he could have ran at them tonight but once again opted to pass backwards and sideways from the wing. If he doesn't start showing serious teeth soon he won't get many first team minutes.

Not quite sure what he's waiting for to at least give it a go. The left footed Aurier only not as good and that's a major worry early on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom