Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Started this evening in EL.

Think he's started 3 EL games this season, and finishing them all. Total minutes 210

Made 5 Bundesliga appearances, starting and finishing 3, off bench twice. Total minutes this season 285 minutes

Starting to become a regular starter which is good. But sometimes as LB and some as LM as far as I can see

Good news to see he's getting another start and becoming part of Hoffenhem normal starting X1. Plus good to see another assist too

Seen most of his games for Hoffenheim and he's doing well enough. Normally leave them on in the background with no sound so not overly familiar with player names, but their central defenders striker me as mostly hopeless so I find it hard to get a read on his defensive solidity. He's a super athlete though, really covers his flank well. Maybe a player versatile enough to play LB, LM, CM. Loads of things to be added to his game, it's a case of whether he keeps developing or not. Must be taken into account he's had a wasted year, a lot down to injury and managerial change. Think he'll be a good player for whatever coach comes after Mourinho.

I think the only issue he has is that he is versatile a bit to much. Needs to nail down one position so when he comes back to us is ready. I think attacking left back like Regulion is best, if Regulion goes back to Spain we have an instant cover and £40m extra in the pocket.

I think the only issue he has is that he is versatile a bit to much. Needs to nail down one position so when he comes back to us is ready. I think attacking left back like Regulion is best, if Regulion goes back to Spain we have an instant cover and £40m extra in the pocket.

He just doesn't have that explosiveness Sessegnon has, in my view.

There was a period in the Chelsea game where Reguilon hesitated and then just blew passed Kante like I've never seen.

Sessegnon for me would probably be best off being an attacking threat. Just because he seems to have a decent final ball and proven to be able to score.

He was reminding me a bit of Onomah. Too nice.
If he toughens up and really starts believing in himself then maybe he can even challenge Lamela?

Last edited:
Seen most of his games for Hoffenheim and he's doing well enough. Normally leave them on in the background with no sound so not overly familiar with player names, but their central defenders striker me as mostly hopeless so I find it hard to get a read on his defensive solidity. He's a super athlete though, really covers his flank well. Maybe a player versatile enough to play LB, LM, CM. Loads of things to be added to his game, it's a case of whether he keeps developing or not. Must be taken into account he's had a wasted year, a lot down to injury and managerial change. Think he'll be a good player for whatever coach comes after Mourinho.
The chances of him becoming a Spurs mainstay are quite low IMO. His big issue is that he's a poaching winger/FB, his on the ball work well below a top 4/league title chasing side. From what I've seen, which I admit isn't a lot, Cirkin does better in that regard.

Maybe he can add that to his game at Hoffenheim.

Heard he’s been good - can anyone speak to his defensive work? Can he play in a back 4 and be competent defensively? If so, do we sell Davies for 10m in the summer or move Davies to CB and sell Sanchez without a replacement?

Watching him right now, Hoffenheim have Augsberg pressed in. Sess delivering decent crosses, but the rest of his game is very ordinary.

Doesn't have the flair or finesse of Hudson Odoi, Sancho etc. on the ball, very easy to press the ball off him.

Edit:

He just lost a header at the back post to concede a goal. Barely even contested it.

Watching him right now, Hoffenheim have Augsberg pressed in. Sess delivering decent crosses, but the rest of his game is very ordinary.

Doesn't have the flair or finesse of Hudson Odoi, Sancho etc. on the ball, very easy to press the ball off him.

Edit:

He just lost a header at the back post to concede a goal. Barely even contested it.

Why on Earth would you compare him with players like that? We're only interested in how he looks compared to Ben Davies.

Why on Earth would you compare him with players like that? We're only interested in how he looks compared to Ben Davies.
Cos he's spent a lot of time in those LW sort of positions, trying to deliver crossess, taking on FBs etc. also because they're his age group England peers.

As for Ben Davies comparisons, Sess seems to have a better cross, but that's about it.

He’s not going to make it as a defender in the PL, just too flimsy and doesn’t enjoy the blood and thunder aspect.

If he has a future here it’s as an attacking player, he’s intelligent but he’s got to be more aggressive on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom