Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spence is 21 and you can see he has the dribbling ability to worry defenders. It is not an age thing it is a style of play thing.

Players don't just suddenly become great 1v1 dribblers.

You can maybe get away with that if you have other attributes like searing pace (see Kyle Walker), great finishing (see Marcus Alonso), great delivery (see Reece James/Trent).

I don't see Sess excelling in any of those areas. He will be a decent squad player for a couple of years and then get sold to a mid-table prem team when we upgrade.
I see his strengths as a calm finisher, and makes things look easy in the final third. I have high hopes for him

I see his strengths as a calm finisher, and makes things look easy in the final third.

When?

The only goal he's ever scored for us in a dead CL rubber against BM.

He's only scored 2 EPL goals in 56 games (inc Fulham).

(The longer things go on; his Championship goal tally serves to mean less and less.)

I have high hopes for him

He had some good games last year, so yeh; I have hope for him too, but he needs to find a spark..... He still seems to lack personality/identity on the pitch.

Peresic can give him all the advice in the world but it wont mean anything unless Sess can summon up that necessary passion and guts. There's a player there, but we need more from him.

When?

The only goal he's ever scored for us in a dead CL rubber against BM.

He's only scored 2 EPL goals in 56 games (inc Fulham).

(The longer things go on; his Championship goal tally serves to mean less and less.)

He had some good games last year, so yeh; I have hope for him too, but he needs to find a spark..... He still seems to lack personality/identity on the pitch.
History makes you right. I just think there have been exceptional circumstances (injuries, confidence, the biggest prick manager in PL history followed by an absolute imposter of a fraud manager - mute cunt). He does need to add spark but he has the potential to bang IMO.

Sess doesn't have the strength of mind to even attempt to take on a defender. He pulls back and takes the easy option every time he's faced with a choice to take his man on, or just give the ball to a team mate.

Say whatever you like about Reguilon, but that has never been a problem for him.

Sess doesn't have the strength of mind to even attempt to take on a defender. He pulls back and takes the easy option every time he's faced with a choice to take his man on, or just give the ball to a team mate.

Say whatever you like about Reguilon, but that has never been a problem for him.

And even when he had the easy option yesterday of putting a decent cross in he fucked it up

Sess is in the same mold Royal PEH Doherty Sanchez
Decent lads with a good attitude and always make an effort etc but with very limited football ability

I thought he was kicking on from the last few games of last season and was looking forward to seeing him making more improvements as the season developed, learning from Ivan.
I'm not going to lay into him because he didn't do particularly well yesterday, but it wasn't a performance to instil confidence that he can run the line.
We're going to have a lot of games and with the HG factor, it wouldn't be a good idea to get rid, unless we got an insane offer, of course.
Let's hope that Antonio can pick the lock and find the player that I think is there.

True. That’s all he has tho, Reg is a truly awful footballer

Very pleased for him.

By far his best game in a Spurs shirt at left wing back. Brilliant timing of the run for his headed goal and a lovely finish with his weak foot for the disallowed one. This is what we all wanted when Perisic signed, competition for places and it spurring everyone on to perform that little bit better, well that it did for him.

Back
Top Bottom