Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aurier could become one of our most important signings. He has character, heart and a passion that could be exactly what Pochettino has been after. He'll either become Pochettinos new main man based on how much heart he has or his character too much for others to handle.

His larger than life persona can be something that'll either inspire or anger some of the current team. If they all want genuine success they should welcome a flamboyant fella such as him and live/ breathe through his success. If Serge takes his time, grows into the team and does with our youngsters what it seems he did at PSG he'll play a key part in getting us up to the next level we have been threatening for so long.

Believe in Serge, I hope he finds his home with us as we can be as good for him as he can be for us

large swathes of sub saharan africa are in monsoon season during the european summer
the tournament also predates the concafaf gold cup & the european championships. i hate the fact its midseason, but I dont think we have the right to stamp all over it

Edit: didnt know it was moving. dont agree with it
I can see the point of your concerns regarding the weather, but the reality is the ACoN really devalues African players in the global market. I don't think anyone has the right to tell them they must change, but for the sake of the players I think they've made the correct choice.

Aurier could become one of our most important signings. He has character, heart and a passion that could be exactly what Pochettino has been after. He'll either become Pochettinos new main man based on how much heart he has or his character too much for others to handle.

His larger than life persona can be something that'll either inspire or anger some of the current team. If they all want genuine success they should welcome a flamboyant fella such as him and live/ breathe through his success. If Serge takes his time, grows into the team and does with our youngsters what it seems he did at PSG he'll play a key part in getting us up to the next level we have been threatening for so long.

Believe in Serge, I hope he finds his home with us as we can be as good for him as he can be for us

If he had signed for another PL team then all the right on lefties here would be screaming he's a homophobe , and were so glad our club didn't stoop so low as to sign his sort lol.

Spurs LGBT fans group responds to new signing's homophobic remarks

Last edited:
If he had signed for another PL team then all you'd have to say is he's a homophobe.

Spurs LGBT fans group responds to new signing's homophobic remarks

Sorry Maccer, didn't realise you knew me personally.

I actually really despise what Serge said but I've done things in the past that I'm not proud of and, have learned from and would be gutted if people didn't let me get on with my life because of those things. It's down to Serge to prove he's remorseful by keeping his head down, focusing on his football and the role he has at Spurs as well as becoming a better man because of it. I think the move will help him do so and I hope it does. It's one of the things that makes football more then just a sport and I do hope he comes good. It's down to him now

Last edited:
Sorry Maccer, didn't realise you knew me personally.

I actually really despise what Serge said but I've done things in the past that I'm not proud and, have learned from and would be gutted if people didn't let me get on with my life because of those things. It's down to Serge to prove he's remorseful by keeping his head down, focusing on his football and the role he has at Spurs as well as becoming a better man because of it. I think the move will help him do so and I hope it does. It's one of the things that makes football more then just a sport and I do hope he comes good. It's down to him now

Not a go at you personally, just all you right on lefties on here in general.

Imagine if John Terry had said that , we'd have 1000 pages of outrage on here lol.

We sign a homophobe, not a peep on here , so much for values hey ?

Imagine if John Terry had said that , we'd have 1000 pages of outrage on here lol.

To be fair there was a fair bit of debate on the transfer thread about the signing of Aurier already and most of us accept he said something incredibly stupid and offensive. He has a fresh start here and won't get away with any of that here, if he repeat offends he can rightly expect that he will face a shit storm inside and outside the club.

Also the response of Proud Lilywhites is pretty fair and mature, I'd say they addressed the concern and treated his signing positively. But I suppose that's probably a bit 'right on' for your tastes?

I get what you're saying but if Pochettino and Levy have met him and feel he showed enough to leave it in the past there's not much we as supporters can do but back him and the team.

We'll see how he gets on but I do hope he's turned a new leaf and that it was done in a moment of madness

To be fair there was a fair bit of debate on the transfer thread about the signing of Aurier already and most of us accept he said something incredibly stupid and offensive. He has a fresh start here and won't get away with any of that here, if he repeat offends he can rightly expect that he will face a shit storm inside and outside the club.

Also the response of Proud Lilywhites is pretty fair and mature, I'd say they addressed the concern and treated his signing positively. But I suppose that's probably a bit 'right on' for your tastes?

Can I still call him CuntFlaps??

Just for sake of clarity here Serge used the term 'fiotte' which really doesnt hold the same gravity as our english word 'faggot' .. of course the media automatically made that translation but that is the problem with translations as they are often interpreted according to a personal agenda. Fiotte is interpreted by many as 'pussy' or 'pansy' or just 'wimp' .. just saying you guys are basing this assertion on what you have heard from sensationalist news broadcasting.. try to read between the lines a bit.. his broadcast was dumb but i dont think you can brand the man a homophobe from that.

Its just sensationalism fellas.. surely you know the game by now

Very good point you make regarding sensationalism. I can't really comment on the translation as it seems it can be interpreted many ways. I'm content with seeing what he's all about now that Poch and Levy feel they have the right guy. Very excited to see what Serge and Davinson can bring to our team. Two big profile signings we haven't seen happen much in recent years so let's hope they smash it

Just for sake of clarity here Serge used the term 'fiotte' which really doesnt hold the same gravity as our english word 'faggot' .. of course the media automatically made that translation but that is the problem with translations as they are often interpreted according to a personal agenda. Fiotte is interpreted by many as 'pussy' or 'pansy' or just 'wimp' .. just saying you guys are basing this assertion on what you have heard from sensationalist news broadcasting.. try to read between the lines a bit.. his broadcast was dumb but i dont think you can brand the man a homophobe from that.
Even if he did call someone a faggot it wouldn't be homophobic

QKLUT2J.jpg

''Not a peep''? It's been discussed to death.

Never let the thuth get in the way of a good yarn.

Back
Top Bottom