Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So i'm a homophobe if i call you a wimp?
200.webp

I used all sorts of homophobic and sexist terms when I was a younger man.

I know better now and would hope nobody still judges me on it now.

As long as he has learnt it's wrong and doesn't repeat it, I'm good with that

Do you not get bored of me slapping you about this forum?

Go on then, kid. Explain to me how 'faggot' isn't a derogatory term to homosexuals?

EDIT - Stumped, so he runs off. Arc in a nutshell.
Never said that - but to end a point with 'end of discussion' on a public forum is laughable. Have a word.

Never said that - but to end a point with 'end of discussion' on a public forum is laughable. Have a word.
Tell me what I said was incorrect. There isn't a discussion to be had on whether 'faggot' is a homophobic term. It is.

Now unless you have something to say that opposes that viewpoint, run along.

It's pretty clear what I said - now jog on
Be a man. Back your viewpoint. You've had a pop at me for saying there isn't a discussion on whether the term 'faggot' is homophobic or not. I'm saying it undeniably is.

That suggests you think there is a discussion to be had and you believe otherwise. How is 'faggot' not homophobic? If it is to you, why are you getting involved?

Be a man. Back your viewpoint.
I did twice already - whatever your view on the word 'faggot' you cannot end a public discussion with 'end of discussion' - people have different opinions and this is a public platform which facilitates that. If you aren't prepared to accept those - it's your problem but don't try and censor who posts what and where by making pompous, arrogant and childish statements like that.

I did twice already - whatever your view on the word 'faggot' you cannot end a public discussion with 'end of discussion' - people have different opinions and this is a public platform which facilitates that. If you aren't prepared to accept those - it's your problem but don't try and censor who posts what and where by making pompous, arrogant and childish statements like that.
I am saying outrightly, anyone who thinks 'faggot' isn't a homophobic term is wrong. The same way some words are undeniably racist. If I was to say the n-word is racist, end of discussion. You would then defend the counter-view or the right to say it isn't? You think there is a discussion to be had there?

You are now saying I should accept the view that 'faggot' isn't homophobic and simply a ''different opinion'' and that it would be my problem and not that persons. Oh, Arc, you are doing yourself over again.

Back that logic.

You are now saying I should accept the view that 'faggot' isn't homophobic and simply a ''different opinion'' and that it would be my problem and not that persons. Oh, Arc, you are doing yourself over again.

Back that logic.
You already admitted yourself using the homophobic term 'faggot' doesn't necessarily make one homophobic. I don't really care what you think about this actually - but this discussion (or any for that matter) certainly doesn't end when you say it does. That's all.

You admitted yourself using the homophobic term 'faggot' doesn't necessarily make one homophobic
Correct. Don't try and deflect because you've got yourself in a bind, Arc. Whether a person using the term is homophobic IS up for discussion. Anyone can use a term they don't understand fully and discover it's true meaning or use it flippantly without due care. It's happened on this board in the past.

Whether the term itself is homophobic is not up for discussion which is my point. It is undeniably a homophobic term and any discussion to the contrary is wrong and stupid.

YOU are the one saying it is up for discussion.

Correct. don't try and deflect because you've got yourself in a bind, Arc. Whether a person using the term is homophobic IS up for discussion. Anyone can use a term they don't understand fully and discover it's true meaning or use it flippantly without due care. It's happened on this board in the past.

Whether the term itself is homophobic is not up for discussion which is my point. It is undeniably a homophobic term and any discussion to the contrary is wrong and stupid.
You've missed the point completely - I don't care about your take on the term - simply commented on your 'end of discussion' comment which is preposterous on a public forum

Back
Top Bottom