Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regulion was decent yesterday but let’s get him a chance to succeed before heaping such massive accolades on him.

And I must say I’m getting really bored of the snipping of Davies. He is an outstanding back up to have who has been called on countless times in the past and done a job for us. He has also been like us this season - poor against Everton but excellent recently.

On our first goal today, Reguilón was standing just inside our own box as Dier headed clear Bellerin's poor cross to start the counter. Reg's 70 metre overlap of Son drew Holding a couple of steps wide, allowing Sonny an extra margin of space to open up for his peach.

What a player Reguilón is: hyper-competitive, isn't afraid of a bit of shithousery, yet projects positivity and enthusiasm and has unreal stamina.

This-is-Marta-D%C3%ADaz-the-influencer-girlfriend-of-Sergio-Reguil%C3%B3n.jpg

tbh I don't understand what's behind the choice of playing sessegnon instead of him.
last year with conte he did well..
maybe some attitude issues?

Reguilon was shit last season, rushing around like a lunatic is not the same as actually playing well. He is a chaotic player which is exactly what Conte doesn't like.

He is unreliable in every area of the pitch, people overrate his offensive contribution massively. Often he will approach the box and then play a brain-dead sideways pass straight to the opponent, shank a cross out of play etc. In front of goal he has zero composure and shits himself almost every time, away at Old Trafford he chose to dive instead of score a tap in from 5 yards out that would have made it 3-3.

Sess is 5 years younger and is already more defensively solid and more physically capable. He is better at following Conte's instructions (see goal v Saints) and is used to playing as an offensively minded player. Reguilon is a good lad but not cut out for Conte or his system.

Can't wait for June 30, 2025. Players out of contract on that happy day:

Ndombele
Tanganga
Rodon
Parrott
Sessegnon.
this cunt.

(Hojbjerg, Lo Celso and Davies too but I have soft spots for them at the moment.)

I call it "Deadwood Day". It's a Monday. The forum should really have a countdown to it. Exciting when you think of the wages it will free up.
Several of these players tried their best and just weren’t good enough. They are people, no need to hate them so much.

Not this deal, this is good.

It's the rest I'm worried about. It's like a little 2 year window to win something before our squad simply can't put off that huge rebuild.

A bit more of a long term view would be great.
We've been doing long term planning for years, didn't pay off in terms of trophies. No point of long term planning while Jose is in charge that's not what he is here for. We've got one of the best strikers in our history who's 27, Sonny who is up there with the best wingers in the league who's 28, one of our best ever goalkeepers who is 33 and Toby who in his time here has been one of our best centre backs in club history who's 31. Time to stop planning too far ahead and make sure this current crop of players don't go the way of Dembele and Vertonghen and win something in their time at the club.

Back
Top Bottom