Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte at Chavski was struggling until he went 3atb and subsequently won the league.

Poch went 3atb for us and both solved a scoring problem and resulted in us having our best league finish since 61.

Not a massive fan of it myself, but I'd certainly rather us play 343 or 352 than I would a poxy diamond.
Poch went three at the back and it all started falling apart. We stopped playing through the middle and started regressing to AVB-ball.

Conte went three at the back - won the league - and when the new season started he got sacked.

3/5 at the back is fucking AIDS.

Poch went three at the back and it all started falling apart. We stopped playing through the middle and started regressing to AVB-ball.

We were regularly playing 3CBs during the 2nd half of 16/17.

Poch's last 14 months were spent trying to implement his shitty diamond.

Conte went three at the back and when the new season started he got sacked.

Again; see 16/17... They won the league with it.

Last edited:
I've yet to see us play better football then when we played 3 at the back with our strongest eleven back in 2017.

An absolute joy.

Teams play well with the right players in the right system. Chelsea wingbacks and Kante were excellent that season. Liverpool played more of their games with two at the back with Van Dijk playing

I fucking hate it either way you look at it.

Every time in the last five-odd years a manager has seriously worked with a back three / back five it has been the beginning of the end for them.

IMO its only place is when the team is suffering from midfield injuries, is going through a dangerous collapse in form and needs to try something else, or just a one-off tactical decision to play a counterattack.
Didn’t we play with a back 5 for most of 2016/17 and looked brilliant?

I personally want to continue with the 433/4231 formation, however we were excellent under Pochettino with 3 centrebacks and Rose/Walker as wingbacks. It all went wrong when we did the 442 diamond, not playing a back 3.

That team was unstoppable.

well that's 2016-17 VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur I think we moved to a back 3\5 whatever we tried it against Chelsea, it worked and we carried on throughout the season even when Davies replaced Rose.

Now it's not a conclusive argument, it was a purple patch for everyone and you had a menace like Dembele there.

but why not go

Hugo
Dier Toby Rodon
Doherty PEH N'dombele Reggie
Son Kane Bale

with Dele\GLC sliding in for Tanguy

well that's 2016-17 VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur I think we moved to a back 3\5 whatever we tried it against Chelsea, it worked and we carried on throughout the season even when Davies replaced Rose.

Now it's not a conclusive argument, it was a purple patch for everyone and you had a menace like Dembele there.

but why not go

Hugo
Dier Toby Rodon
Doherty PEH N'dombele Reggie
Son Kane Bale

with Dele\GLC sliding in for Tanguy

I personally think 352 would work perfectly for the players we have. I just think Mourinho is happy with what he's doing. I'd go with this :

Lloris
Alderwiereld - Dier - Rodon
Aurier - Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Ndombele - Reguilon
Son - Kane
That's arguably the best line up in the Premier League.

Plus even if you decide to play Doherty, you likely get the best out of him too.

Back
Top Bottom