Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sessegnon if he stays injury free should be able to take his position. Reguilon is fast but he doesn’t offer much on the ball. This is a very important position for the way we are set up, we need more from the wing backs.

His weak foot is excessively weak. That’s his problem.

Someone needs to train him like three straight weeks where the ball is not allowed to touch his left foot. Seriously

Sessegnon if he stays injury free should be able to take his position. Reguilon is fast but he doesn’t offer much on the ball. This is a very important position for the way we are set up, we need more from the wing backs.
Sessegnon can't relied on to stay fit though.

The wing back positions are so important in Contes’ system so if they don’t shape up he will actively look to replace them. The ball is in their court

I thought Sessegnon was going to be mustard. Others said not and by a country mile have been proved correct thus far.

Reguillon is nothing special so what we have at present are 2 less than ideal options, one of whom gets injured too much and simply might not even have the capability.

If Conte stays for 3 years, which given his average stays is unlikely there is little chance both if either player will be at the club.

It would just be nice and using these 2 as an example, to get players who are better than what you thought.

Remember last season when from week to week whomever didn't play was deemed our best CB..... This season the WB debate is quickly becoming the same..... :)

That’s my concern, I wonder if we’ll ever get to see enough of Sess to make a proper judgment. But I don’t rate Reg at all, he still looks like a youth team player in his mid 20s
I thought Reguilon currently is still slightly better than 14-15 version of Rose. I still remember how both Rose and Walker were not so reliable in Poch first season.

I thought Reguilon currently is still slightly better than 14-15 version of Rose. I still remember how both Rose and Walker were not so reliable in Poch first season.

Yeah - Rose was not so great in those days - the improvement under Poch was huge. At least Walker was consistent around that time though - you could be guaranteed he'd give away a cheap/stupid freekick in a dangerous position late on in every single game.

Yeah - Rose was not so great in those days - the improvement under Poch was huge. At least Walker was consistent around that time though - you could be guaranteed he'd give away a cheap/stupid freekick in a dangerous position late on in every single game.

Rose was only the player we fondly remember for a couple of years.... Very bumpy road to the top and was rarely the same after his big injury.

Worrying that it looks to me like we may have to replace both wing backs. Not easy positions to fill at all, especially with what Conte demands of them. Although Moses/Marcos Alonso were hardy top quality either.

He escaped a lot of criticism vs Watford because of Emerson’s crossing horror show, but really he was very well shackled by a 34 year old clogger and when he did get opportunities to cross, the delivery was terrible.

we are not replacing Reggie ffs lol.

We are praying our tight arse chairman will find it in his heart to replace positions we actually need let alone target positions we are decently covered.

Last edited:
we are not replacing Reggie ffs lol.

We are praying are tight arse chairman will find it in his heart to replace positions we actually need let alone target positions we are decently covered.

Maybe not replaced, but Sessegnon really isn’t adequate competition .. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see another wing back come in who can challenge him.

He simply has far too many genuinely poor performances, and in this setup you can’t get away with that as a WB.

Back
Top Bottom