Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• Yes

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters
Your post is dead on if you’re an idiot.

Some aren’t though.

The you're not a true football 'fan' because being a football fan obviously defies sensible logic.

Being a fan is precisely about being an 'idiot', being an idiot in the irrational support of your chosen bunch of millionaires, kicking a blown up animal skin, around a rectangle patch of grass ..... paying a small fortune and getting passionately involved to see which set of sticks the orb goes between ..... just what's not idiotic about that?

If you're trying to claim being a football fan is some form of scholarly, logical, intelligent pursuit - then the only deluded idiot here my friend is you.

The you're not a true football 'fan' because being a football fan obviously defies sensible logic.

Being a fan is precisely about being an 'idiot', being an idiot in the irrational support of your chosen bunch of millionaires, kicking a blown up animal skin, around a rectangle patch of grass ..... paying a small fortune and getting passionately involved to see which set of sticks the orb goes between ..... just what's not idiotic about that?

If you're trying to claim being a football fan is some form of scholarly, logical, intelligent pursuit - then the only deluded idiot here my friend is you.
Those paragraphs you wrote are what us sensible folk call an opinion.

Yes you're right, sorry my bad.

That's really bizarre though, as we did have the opportunity to register him for the K/O stages (for group stages he was bought too late). I wonder why we decided not to register him. Frankly I'd have him above Sanchez and Tanganga.
Jose said that it would be more damaging to the squad to drop someone (Sanchez?) from the previous squad, than to Rodon.

Don't understand it myself but there you go.

If we can't beat West ham and Brighton why would we be able to beat the best teams in this competition

If we do what you say and then get knocked out .

It'll be pretty embarrasing to finish mid-table and below Woolwich/West Ham etc..

We're so far from where we should be that we need to make that points total better to avoid embarrasment.
Didn’t you ask me this three days ago?

Ok here goes.
Maybe.....maybe the players can be more motivated for silverware than 3pts and a fight for top half.

Plus, we have decent cup team.
The risk is the further we get, the “better” players get picked and fuck everything up

I am saying no. As we can still have some impact if Mourinho gives up trying to make passive aggressive points and plays his most talented players.

But if we lose the next couple of the games then the mid week squad will have to take priority.

tenor.gif
Dier and Sanchez are our starting CBs

Nuff said

If it was upto you what would your 11 be for the league cup final?
As it stands today, or with the hope they all hit the levels they can?
Scenario two picks itself, but how likely is that?

Today, based on the last few months my team would be:

....................................Lloris

........Tanganga............Toby..................Dier

...................Hojberg.............Ndombele

Moura......................Lamela.............................Bale

............................................Vinny
.....................Kane

I wouldn’t drop Kane for a final despite my opinions.....he should be motivated and dangerous with silverware on the line

Sacrifice what? Finishing 7th?
Big enough squad to win games in both, don’t play injured / players with niggles until the semis

The real question is, what do we stand a better chance at..

Getting top 4 or winning the Europa?
Top 4 is an impossible task, the first team are atrocious
I hope Jose rewards the EL team in the latter rounds, but fear he’ll rotate heavily and then it’s over

We need to continue to play with smiles, and freedom

Back
Top Bottom