Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• Yes

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters
Look at the fixture list in OP.
There's 3 options when it comes to Kane/ Son/ Ndombele:

1/ Never rest them for rest of season (would probably lead to fatigue and injury unless we exited EL early)

2/ Rest them for a Europa League Knock-out tie (given all remaining teams are of decent standard, this would increase chance of early exit in any round)

3/ Rest them in some PL games, so they can play all Europa League K/O ties.
It's easy to disagree with the headline of thread, as no one wants to 'sacrifice' PL, but would you really go for option 1 or 2 above??

Does that really mean anything though?

I can name 3 clubs straight off the bat that are clearly better than us
Just three?
59b1c3acd68d8a1aa6e87b2fb3043367.gif

1/ Never rest them for rest of season (would probably lead to fatigue and injury unless we exited EL early)

2/ Rest them for a Europa League Knock-out tie (given all remaining teams are of decent standard, this would increase chance of early exit in any round)

Or Option 4. Rotate them out of games at appropriate (not pre-set as you want) times due to fitness level concerns, as should be done as a matter of course anyway, and not in the same games if at all possible.

We beat Utd 6-1 - Leicester rely on 11 players - Milan are bang average .... it's all just a matter of opinion.

Over two legs we are as good if not better than any team still in ... that's if we show up.
:dembelelol:
I don't where to start.

You're good and I want some of that optimism but can we agree on "a bit of a challenge" ?

Have you watched any of Utd, Leicester and Milan? what's your point?

On the day we can be as good or better than anyone ... or do you not think so?
It's not just one day though is it , your talking like we are already in the final

I don't have any faith in this team in it's current state or the Manager sadly

Or Option 4. Rotate them out of games at appropriate (not pre-set as you want) times due to fitness level concerns, as should be done as a matter of course anyway, and not in the same games if at all possible.
Nope, we can't just rotate on fitness concerns.

For example, look at the 2 sets of crowded fixtures we have:
1/ Palace, EL R16, Woolwich, EL R16
2/ Newcastle, EL QF, Man U, EL QF

If we just play our strongest available team at each opportunity, and only rotate them on fitness concerns/fatigue, then the stars will naturally get tired for the 2nd leg of a K/O tie.

We have to prioritise and rest players in advance. In terms of not dropping them all at once, that's fair enough; perhaps drop Son for one, and Kane for another, and take them off early.

It's not just one day though is it , your talking like we are already in the final

I don't have any faith in this team in it's current state or the Manager sadly

You should you're a fan blind optimism is part of our cult - no question we can be utter shite but I still believe there is a good team in there, and no question Mourinho's negativity makes me want to smash him, but I still believe he's a winner - I'd rather be optimistic than wallow in the never ending doom and gloom that the trolls and fake accounts on here revel in ...

To dare is to do .... so let's get it done.

Have you watched any of Utd, Leicester and Milan? what's your point?

On the day we can be as good or better than anyone ... or do you not think so?

Two of them are 13 points clear of us in the domestic league. And I've watched enough of Milan this season to know they'd cause us alot of problems.

You should you're a fan blind optimism is part of our cult - no question we can be utter shite but I still believe there is a good team in there, and no question Mourinho's negativity makes me want to smash him, but I still believe he's a winner - I'd rather be optimistic than wallow in the never ending doom and gloom that the trolls and fake accounts on here revel in ...

To dare is to do .... so let's get it done.
I have no interest in being in a cult but fair enough I admire your optimism , it just isnt something I share I'm afraid

If those are the only options, and to be clear they are not, then option 2 is by far the best option.

Back
Top Bottom