Spurs v goons pre season game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are u talking fast club runners or national level
A 10k for the average person who doesn’t get much if any exercise is incredibly daunting. For even amateur runners, 10k‘s are long but certainly able to be done. For anyone who has running as part of their job, a 10k is certain not a struggle. There are local area 10k runs for amateurs all over the place. This is not that uncommon.

Seriously, just google images of marathon runners. The true elites are very thin but there are thousands of other runners who are as or more built than Skip.

From what I could see he weighs about 70kg, that is not too heavy for a 10k. I don’t have any idea what you are talking about.

Because every ounce of weight is extra oxygen demand. Extra Lactic to hinder body, extra load on the bones both inside and out, higher uric potential...

He has very big arms and upper body now, this is silly for an elite (potentially) athlete of small build, IMO. 10K is one thing, but this is short burst high runs then jogs, hard changes of direction.

If you build the picture out, it's clear the way is going (tackling less and less prevalent = game has much longer flows between breaks), muscle is soo last decade.

E500-E91-B-DDFA-4706-9-BF5-979733-D4-D8-BB.jpg

IM HOWLING

Arse were really shit weren't they!
Looking at some of their forums, they are already in full meltdown mode. I didn't realize their only real signings so far are White and Ramsdale?? That's insane.

They all seem prepared for another midtable season and realize now what I was saying for a long time about Arteta... he cannot get his teams to generate enough chances to be consistently good.

Unless things drastically change there, I think they're in for a really long season.

I don’t like 3cb systems generally
Wrong...
We’ve rarely had CM’s multifunctional or rounded enough to play double pivots (few CM’s are really at highest levels IMO), but we’ve constantly players that way, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Hojbjerg, Lo Celdo, Ndombele.
See, this is where we run into problems. The point of your post was to address the idea that formation is less important than personnel and tactical instruction but in this point you presume the qualities of players in certain positions. And beyond that I think you have this point backwards. Maybe during the days of 442s the CM2 needed to be more rounded but in many CM2s and Poch's with Dembele and Wanyama/Dier the role wasn't that of an all around 8. I actually think the more rounded and dynamic MFers are necessary in a CM3 and you can put two cloggers at the base of a 4231 and that'd be fine. And all of this is still based on what you are asking them to do and not any predefined expectations based on formation.
I don’t understand why we’ve constantly prioritised getting an extra attacking player into to format when that additional attacking player is invariably a fucking bumbler - thus sacrificing control with and without the ball just to bumble even rarer attacking moments.
Because more attackers = more goals BC. Tired of telling you this. If a player scored 20 last year at their previous team in another league then they need to be on the field in order for those 20 goals they have stored up in their bodies to actually get out. Otherwise I agree with you.
Poch’s early 4231 was good when we were a very young, energetic hard and high pressing team and we could overload those forward areas, but that 4231 became less effective as it aged and the dynamics and application dropped off.
Not sure formation necessarily has a place here. Harder to do without the MF dominance of Wanyama and Dembele though. Not saying it could have been replicated and continued...just not with the MF dross we were putting out there. We could no longer compact the field so those pressing movements weren't 5-10yds they were 15-20yds.

Because every ounce of weight is extra oxygen demand. Extra Lactic to hinder body, extra load on the bones both inside and out, higher uric potential...

He has very big arms and upper body now, this is silly for an elite (potentially) athlete of small build, IMO. 10K is one thing, but this is short burst high runs then jogs, hard changes of direction.

If you build the picture out, it's clear the way is going (tackling less and less prevalent = game has much longer flows between breaks), muscle is soo last decade.
This seems like a really bizarre stance to me. I don't think Skipp looks too big at all. Yes he filled out a bit and added a bit of muscle but that's not at all atypical for someone his age.

If someone makes a transformation like Dier did then it might be concerning, but Skipp is more just filling out and adding strength (which also helps with agility and speed).

He'll be just fine.

Thought we were far too passive 1st half. Much better 2nd.
Should've been more but Dele in particular wasteful.
Tanganga superb defensively and obviously a lovely assist but now sadly injured (hope its not too serious as I'd100% be starting him v City)
Everyone else played decent and obviously good fitness shown. Good overall.
He is injured again? :/

This seems like a really bizarre stance to me. I don't think Skipp looks too big at all. Yes he filled out a bit and added a bit of muscle but that's not at all atypical for someone his age.

If someone makes a transformation like Dier did then it might be concerning, but Skipp is more just filling out and adding strength (which also helps with agility and speed).

He'll be just fine.

It's the trend line, he's bulked fine, but can his blood supply keep him healthy in such a quick transition, IMO, no.

Depends, it's he's a nutrition anorak/obsessive then maybe he will cope.

My ideal is agile fuckers, especially in midfield, you put a hard turn on high muscle dudes after a pitch length run at full lung, you got much higher potential for bio-mechanical injury, or minor back ups which lead to a later tackle being a grade 2 or 3 instead of jogging it off...

Bellingham types, his physique is sick for a modern MF dynamo.

Okay, whatever. You are 100% right as usual.

All of the sports physios at Spurs and other clubs who are likely at the height of their profession, the multitudes of other footballers that are even larger than Skipp, the fact that he is playing in a contact sport in one of the more physically demanding positions, and the multitudes of amateur/semi/professional runners who all have larger builds and higher BMI’s are all wrong.

Someone had better tell Ronaldo that carrying all that muscle won’t allow him to run a 10k apparently.

Back
Top Bottom