Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why have we gone Davies instead of Reggie and Gio instead of Ndombele?

tASm17OD5yWXFc304INwxTgN8Xz7yzq0Vy6Ww6DTmAydw01NUIRrknWDRU_PVrUDDMgra0Ux9KNVWjVvJEQMrLuQziQ64IkoPK3u7iRND22cIX2g3oA5a2kiPZqNDQ

Oooh good... The melting's started already. :)

Players being told to "fuck off"... Insinuations that the manager makes thoughtless selections.... We're off to a great start. :freundgoal:

But that's bollocks though.

We played defensively against both City and Chelsea with Reguilon as our left back but he didn't get caught up field once.

He's an outlet who allows us to attack on the counter with pace and width. Which we now don't have.
I take your point, but we have no perfect solution here- Reguilon, for all his efforts, is currently quite reluctant to put crosses into the box, whereas Davies does it well. I like Davies.

Why have we gone Davies instead of Reggie and Gio instead of Ndombele?
You could MAYBE make an argument for Gio over Ndombele based on Ndombele’s generally poor level of fitness and Gio being a quality alternative. I cannot fathom what possible argument would support Davies over Reguilon

I take your point, but we have no perfect solution here- Reguilon, for all his efforts, is currently quite reluctant to put crosses into the box, whereas Davies does it well. I like Davies.

Play your best players and you're more likely to win?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Davies has been told not to cross the half way line, if he only has to think about defending them I think he will be ok, I would have started Ndombele but Klopp would be thinking the same , Ndombele at half time maybe for Gio if we are winning or Bergwijn if we are losing , have some faith in the boys , son and Kane starting is massive ! We got this

Back
Top Bottom