Spurs v Norwich

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 out of the 3 and one of Holtby / Eriksen seems to be favored by the fans. Would work for me.

I would be very surprised if one of those two don't start. Given how intent AVB and Baldini were on bringing in a CAM in the last three weeks of the window, I'd be immensely surprised with our current options to see us trot out in that same lineup. Also, with Capoue's injury we'd be spread too thin at CDM and BTB.

AVB Press Conference:

Team news:

Plus, AVB thinks Eriksen can emulate Sneijder and VDV.
And on Lamela, had huge praises ... creativity, vision, final pass, not just a pure winger, but problem is adaption to different culture and that he doesn't speak a word of English.
Oh yeah, and Siggy has a dead leg .. so probably a no go.

Regarding no goals from open play:
“I don’t think it’s a concern, absolutely, because we had 20 shots against Palace, 20 shots against Swansea and 16 against Woolwich. We had more possession in all of the games than the other teams. To have penalties is a consequence of our attacking football. In the end the goals came in another way, from a penalty kick. Last season we had lots of goals scored from open play and lots of goals scored from outside the box. At the moment the pattern is that we have been getting penalties to finish off our [attacking] situations but I’m not worried whatsoever.”

Dembele is clearly carrying some kind of long-term injury, he can barely make it to 60/70 minutes.

I'd be surprised to see Lamela start given his travel so perhaps Eriksen is more likely to play...

4-3-3...

Chadli - Soldado - Townsend
Holtby - Sandro - Paulo
Rose - Verts - Daws - Walker
Lloris

I reckon this being it ... with Eriksen coming on for Holtby
We win 3-1
:coys:

4-3-3...

Chadli - Soldado - Townsend
Holtby - Sandro - Paulo
Rose - Verts - Daws - Walker
Lloris

I reckon this being it ... with Eriksen coming on for Holtby
We win 3-1
:coys:

This, but swap Holtby and Eriksen. Also expect Eriksen to be playing ahead of Sandro and Paulinho in the hole behind Soldado.

This, but swap Holtby and Eriksen. Also expect Eriksen to be playing ahead of Sandro and Paulinho in the hole behind Soldado.
Maybe another day ... but this Saturday ...

2ec520676c53b91a11177e6f49cf3cd3.gif

I love our little number 14 ... and he deserves starting.:holtbytongue:

Just listened to the interview with AVB and although he wasn't 100% certain on Eriksen starting against Norwich, he's only trained with the squad twice, he did make it seem like he will be starting for us on a regular basis ASAP.

I hope Holtby gets his chance this season, I really do, but for the playmaking attacking midfield role I think:

Eriksen > Siggy > Holtby

:dwi:

Think Eriksen will start this one with Lamela on the bench.
Hopefully a early goal so they can't sit back.
3-0 win.

Realistically, could Eriksen start instead of Holtby?
Eriksen has had little time to train with the lads and is a new signing. Holtby has been performing brilliantly with the U21s and in the Europa League - surely it sends the wrong message to a big squad full of quality if strong efforts are not rewarded? Feels like just because Holtby came on the cheap and had limited success (playing out of position) people forget that he's a true talent and we were buzzing about signing him in january..

I'd be happy to see Eriksen come on for Holtby the last 15, but the boy deserves to start!:avbpray:

I can see Holtby challenging Dembeles starting spot. Dembele has been pretty poor so far this season. Eriksen and lamela on the bench.

Dembele has been played too far forward IMO. He is a bit like Modric in that his best work comes from picking the ball up deeper and moving into the final 3rd - not getting the ball higher up the pitch.

If Eriksen starts I would expect Dembele in one of the 2 at the base of midfield, and I would expect him to start bossing games again

I kinda get the feeling AVB isn't massive on Holtby. Levy brought him in, a clear huge resale value of the player, I think its fairly clear that Eriksen will start v Norwich after listening to that press conference. I do love our little number 14 German, I hope he does get a chance as I feel once he starts to come good he will really push on

Back
Top Bottom