Spurs v Saints

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You mean the Chelsea who can afford to leave a 50 million pound striker on the bench sat next to a Brazilian kid who cost 20 million?
yep, they are the chappies. Can pretty much change the 10 outfield players with full international players, a squad where 50% of them will be on more than our highest paid.

Just as well their manager has never won any trophies along the way.

Tottenham's Hugo Lloris says Southampton clash make or break for top-four hopes

Last Updated: May 3, 2013 10:01am

Spurs are desperate to qualify for the UEFA Champions League but are currently in fifth place heading into their final four matches of the season.Hugo Lloris has admitted that Tottenham Hotspur can forget about finishing in the top four if they do not beat Southampton on Saturday.
They only trail North London rivals Woolwich by two points and have a game in hand, but Lloris insists it is crucial to return to winning ways against Southampton after being held to a 2-2 draw by Wigan Athletic.
"We want to be in the next Champions League but we know that if we don't get three points against Southampton our chance will be finished," Lloris told Sky Sports News.
French goalkeeper Lloris has emerged as a key player at White Hart Lane in his first season in the Premier League, although he initially had to remain patient and provide the back-up to Brad Friedel after making a summer move from Lyon.

He said: "It was a big step in my career and it was very important to have a good adaptation in my life but also in football.
"I have enjoyed this season. It is true that it was not easy at the beginning, but after it was better."
Gareth Bale has been Tottenham's star performer this term and has this week been named Player of the Year by his fellow professionals and the Football Writers' Association, but Lloris hopes he can keep his form going for another few weeks.
"He has had a great season for Tottenham and helped the team to be in this situation," said Lloris.
"I am sure he will help us realise this objective and we need him to win the next four games to finish in the top four."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8686621/Tottenham-s-Hugo-Lloris-says-Southampton-clash-make-or-break-for-top-four-hope
s

Yup! Abso-fucking-lutely!

Always makes me a little bit embarrassed when I think of how non-football fans regard the game, ESPECIALLY when I'm pretty sure we'll all be taking this weekend (and the next couple) DEADLY SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom