Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At what point do people start opening their eyes to these performances?

Not results, performances.

There's only so long the cracks can get papered. We have a side absolutely jam packed with talent out there, and they are reduced to this, week in, week out.

None of this surprises me one bit: our league position was false, Mourinho-ball is utter shit, our squad still very average, Bale signing nothing but a marketing stunt for a player that's finished. There was never real substance behind this so called title challenge. We are still in need of a huge foundational rebuild.

I'm afraid us Brits are different mate.

It's not in our DNA to change clubs. Many of us go back with Spurs for generations.
What we do is come on to forums and let off some steam. Blame the manager. Blame the players. Call out the owners.
Then calm down a bit before the next match ready to start all over again.

Is football
I know, JT. I guess I was just trying to make a bit of a funny.
You blokes have been at this proper football much longer than I, I'm only about 10 years in. But my Yank sports allegiances are completely generational. And my teams, including Spurs, are inked all over my body. I couldnt change if I wanted to, and I've never wanted to. I suffered for decades through my youth, but when the Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, and Chicago Blackhawks finally won it all, I was able to celebrate so much more than the bandwagon jumpers that I despise to the point I refuse to recognize them. Suffering leads to that much more satisfaction and elation. As it will with my beloved Spurs.*

*But I'm getting old, might I ask they pick up the pace a bit...

Ndombele got a full rest today - so surely he's back in the team on Sunday?

Lo Celso probably doesn't deserve to be dropped either so I do wonder if this is the game for the two of them, albeit in different circumstances?

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Dier - Reguilon
Sissoko - Hojbjerg
Lo Celso - Ndombele - Son
Kane
Wonder if we may see something like this. MUST have been a reason Mourinho put Lo Celso on the wing today. I do wonder if he was going to potentially bring on Ndombele for Bergwijn and keep Lo Celso on if he hadn't got a yellow card.

NEED to get our strongest team out there though for our next two games.

Give them the rest in the week against Stoke where we bring in the likes of Doherty, Davies, Vinicius, Bergwijn etc.

Really cannot afford to drop MORE points. We've got 1 win in our last 4 games which is quite frankly not good enough and let's be honest, we're in 2nd because everyone else is dropping points too. Liverpool play before us so will likely be 6 points clear by the time we play.

I think the Liverpool game showed us that we need more creativity in the midfield.

We need to get the ball more to Kane and Son.
But we created enough chances to win comfortably

Some good performances tonight though
Aurier excellent
Sissoko majestic
Son superb

Let down by poor finishing

Lloris
Aurier* - Alderweireld - Dier - Reguilon
Sissoko - Ndombele
Ndombele

Lucas - Kane - Son
* I have a feeling Doherty will come in for Aurier. If Bale is fit, he might get a start but I doubt he will.
Interesting team selection.... it will certainly bamboozle whoever has the unenviable task of man marking Ndombeles!!!!

Back
Top Bottom