Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bet them sad fuckers will be singing this if they beat us..

Wenn Sie durch einen Sturm zu FuรŸ
Halten Sie den Kopf hoch
Und keine Angst vor der Dunkelheit

It's you'll never walk alone in German to all you non speaking German Peasants..

At least I think it is..:levyeyes:

So no Dier and probably no Son (hope he makes the bench)

-----------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderwereild----Vertonghen-------------Rose
---------------------------------Alli----Dembele---------------------------
--------Lamela-----------------Mason------------------Eriksen-------
-------------------------------------Kane----------------------------------

If Kane fails to perform again i would give N'Jie a chance in our next league game.

Bet them sad fuckers will be singing this if they beat us..

Wenn Sie durch einen Sturm zu FuรŸ
Halten Sie den Kopf hoch
Und keine Angst vor der Dunkelheit

It's you'll never walk alone in German to all you non speaking German Peasants..

At least I think it is..:levyeyes:

Yup that's about right.

Gut gemacht

I'd hate to see Dembele go in as a DM on this one for more than one reason.

He has to be used as an AM. It's critical IMO. Plus playing as a DM with Poch lineups is the most thankless task in the Prem IMO. You never know which direction Poch will go: If you put Lamela on the right, if you are coming back from injury that can REALLY stretch you and compound injuries. Chadli Eriksen and Lamela in the three is asking too much of fit DM's.

You can be more defensive as a team with Dembele as an AM. Vs Utd he destroyed MS as an AM. They did not have a single shot on goal when Dembele and Bentaleb was on the pitch. (god damn OG)

Just having a DM does not mean it helps you in defense. You defend as a team with a strong spine and you need to close our weakest point: Our wings. Our wings have been responsible for missing out on. CL since Bale left. Not enough goals and assists have come from them, and we have given away a massive % of goals getting countered down them going through Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and Townsend like they are not there.

So if we have Lamela and Eriksen and a DM coming back from injury with players tired from the International break/training we can end up with the soft Spurs wings curse.

What I like about my moaning is even if we do the weaker team with Dembele as a DM, I still think we will beat them 8 times out of 10. I just come from the no prisoners school of football.

Poch will play him there probably. No choice really unless he has another defender as a DM trick up his sleeve. IMO Dembele as a DM with Trippier as the right sided midfielder would be less risky for Walker.

--------------Kane----------------
--Chadli---Eriksen---Trippier
----Alli---------Dembele--------
Davies--Jan--Toby--Walker

Kinda slow so Njie for Chadli would be doable. Rose etc are injured.

Well, it sure didn't take him long to fit in. Already nicking hubcaps.
GettyImages-114187540.jpg

Trippier won't start in midfield, i can tell you that for free.

I seriously doubt he will put Mason or Bentaleb straight back in after injury so he'll play the same team as usual with Dembele instead of Dier.

I'd hate to see Dembele go in as a DM on this one for more than one reason.

He has to be used as an AM. It's critical IMO. Plus playing as a DM with Poch lineups is the most thankless task in the Prem IMO. You never know which direction Poch will go: If you put Lamela on the right, if you are coming back from injury that can REALLY stretch you and compound injuries. Chadli Eriksen and Lamela in the three is asking too much of fit DM's.

You can be more defensive as a team with Dembele as an AM. Vs Utd he destroyed MS as an AM. They did not have a single shot on goal when Dembele and Bentaleb was on the pitch. (god damn OG)

Just having a DM does not mean it helps you in defense. You defend as a team with a strong spine and you need to close our weakest point: Our wings. Our wings have been responsible for missing out on. CL since Bale left. Not enough goals and assists have come from them, and we have given away a massive % of goals getting countered down them going through Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and Townsend like they are not there.

So if we have Lamela and Eriksen and a DM coming back from injury with players tired from the International break/training we can end up with the soft Spurs wings curse.

What I like about my moaning is even if we do the weaker team with Dembele as a DM, I still think we will beat them 8 times out of 10. I just come from the no prisoners school of football.

Poch will play him there probably. No choice really unless he has another defender as a DM trick up his sleeve. IMO Dembele as a DM with Trippier as the right sided midfielder would be less risky for Walker.

--------------Kane----------------
--Chadli---Eriksen---Trippier
----Alli---------Dembele--------
Davies--Jan--Toby--Walker

Kinda slow so Njie for Chadli would be doable. Rose etc are injured.
We playing them without a goalie? Great tactics

So no Dier and probably no Son (hope he makes the bench)

-----------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderwereild----Vertonghen-------------Rose
---------------------------------Alli----Dembele---------------------------
--------Lamela-----------------Mason------------------Eriksen-------
-------------------------------------Kane----------------------------------

If Kane fails to perform again i would give N'Jie a chance in our next league game.

The front four Id prefer:

Njie..........................Lamela.....................Eriksen

................................Kane

Mason is as wasteful in front of goal as Kane is at the minute

I'm sure that me and the rest of the Park Lane will be singing this one to the bin-dippers:

Du wirst nie einen Job, einen Job, zu bekommen, sign-on, sign-on mit einem Stift in der Hand.

Which translates as:

You'll never get a job, a job, sign-on, sign-on, with a pen in your hand.

Back
Top Bottom