Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an u18/20 game at Hotspur way today Tanganga Dinzeyi , Duncan , Roles , Freeman all involved . I believe Jack Roles scored 3 and Freeman did well . What’s the deal with Roles?
Shaushoa apparently is out of favour and has opted for a loan deal . If we are not careful we will also loose Roles . That’s 2 quality players we are not handling properly , and continuing with dead wood players instead

El ATB logra la cesión de Samuel Shashoua
Atletico Baleares (in 3rd division of Spanish keague so eqyuvalent of UK League 1) claim to have signed Samuel Shashoua - I assume on loan as he played today

There was an u18/20 game at Hotspur way today Tanganga Dinzeyi , Duncan , Roles , Freeman all involved . I believe Jack Roles scored 3 and Freeman did well . What’s the deal with Roles?
Shaushoa apparently is out of favour and has opted for a loan deal . If we are not careful we will also loose Roles . That’s 2 quality players we are not handling properly , and continuing with dead wood players instead
Thanks for this, interesting. Shashoua's loan move is an interesting one, surprised we couldn't get him a better club, but at the same time good for him for putting himself out there. Roles needs to go out on loan too - wonder if Stevenage would take him?

That's a really fucking odd loan.

That standard is going to be no better than the u23s he's currently playing in.

OS confirming what I posted last night.

All seems a bit of reminiscent of the loan of Ryan Mason to Lorient to get him some playing time. Hope Atlético Baleares play him !

Delighted for him and am sure he will get lots of game time, an excellent choice which will suit his playing style and help him to develop. Such a talent and a really nice lad as well!

Samuel Shashoua has joined Atlético Baleares on loan until the end of the season, subject to international clearance. Good luck, @Sam_shash.

That's a very positive statement - what do you know about Atlético Baleares to be so sure ?

I get that Spanish players tend to be more technical which would suit Sam as he is very technically gifted - but I have no clue whether that is as true in the 3rd tier league. And I know Sam speaks Spanish and has lived as a youngster in several countries overseas so the change to Spain will be less stressful than for many players.

That's a very positive statement - what do you know about Atlético Baleares to be so sure ?

I get that Spanish players tend to be more technical which would suit Sam as he is very technically gifted - but I have no clue whether that is as true in the 3rd tier league. And I know Sam speaks Spanish and has lived as a youngster in several countries overseas so the change to Spain will be less stressful than for many players.

I know that Atlético Baleares were desperate to sign somebody who plays in Samuels position hence the game time. As with so many of the Spanish clubs even in the third tier they all play intricate tiki taka football, and that will allow Samuel to express himself even more going forwards and to develop as a player. I just hope that he can stay clear of injuries as that was the problem last season, have a good season in Spain and come back ready to go on the next pre-season tour with Spurs.

Great report again, much appreciated, please keep them coming.

I was surprised not to see Lyons Foster start at CB as he looks a great prospect and a bit more experienced than the first years, but Binks and Walcott seem to have performed fantastically. Looks like we have a lot of great CB options coming through - is it too early to try to look at who is better out of Binks, Walcott and Lyons-Foster as they are within a year or two of each other.

And then try to compare their ceiling versus say Eyoma who's that little bit older but did a great job in pre-season on US tour.

Overall many of that team seem to be better prospects than their u23 compatriots with even Skipp having decent opposition from Bowden and White, although I'd back Skipp to play first for the first team. And we could certainly do with a creative CM to come into u23's and later even first team - is it 3rd time lucky for the Maghoma brothers who came close with Jacques or 2nd time luck for the Shashoua brothers ? How do you see the u18's versus u23's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom