Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went there, injured, for 2nd half of the season and of course League 1 and 2 terminated their leagues at the start of covid, so he never got to make an appearance. Hopefully Eyoma (CB/RB) will make a number of appearances this season.

Hopefully means Lincoln saw enough in training to want him back. Now aged 20 (abiut 10 months younger than Tanganga) getting a 3 year contract so Spurs clearly believe there is still a chance for him at professional football - made a great impression in pre-season 2018 (and part of the WC u17 winning squad) but then confined to Poch's train' dont play' regime for a year and took a few months at the start of last season to get going before going on loan to Lincoln.
time to be sick again

With the amount of games we will potentially be playing this season CCV with his experience of "real" games may be worth keeping on. He is not a "clogger."

have always thought he has the raw ingredients to be a DM. Can’t see it happening at this stage of his career tho

Biggest issue is his contract runs only for another 12 months to 2021.
Worth mentioning that although he's mainly a CB I think he has played LB on loan at Swansea and RB at either Stoke or Luton - so he's versatile
I haven't seen him play this season. But reports about him at Luton are good.
I hope Jose gives him a look over. Who knows?

Lots of pics of our u18's and u23's in training over the last couple of days - this is one from our new striker in Academy Year 1.

Saw that.

Crazy that Anthony Georgiou, 2 months younger than Ndombele and 4 months older than Bergwijn, is still a Spurs player and still training with our academy sides.

Saw that.

Crazy that Anthony Georgiou, 2 months younger than Ndombele and 4 months older than Bergwijn, is still a Spurs player and still training with our academy sides.

Only due to covid.

All Spurs yongsters whose contracts were due to end in June 2020 were offered some form of extension (probably one year), although I expect a few may move before end of TW, but really depends on financial state of League 1 and League 2 (or non league) to offer them contracts.

List of all players no longer U21 in the development squad: CCV included.
Amos, Luke23/02/199723
Georgiou, Anthony24/02/199723
CCV31/12/199722
Marsh, George05/11/199821
Sterling, Kazaiah09/11/199821
Tracey, Shilow29/04/199822
Whiteman, Alfie02/10/199821

Josh Onomah scores a worldie for Fulham in the EFL play offs.
And to think we've had to put up with Sissoko for all these seasons when we could have been watching a player of similar size and strength who can actually control the ball and beat a man.
But it's he apt at pointing?

Our U23s have withdrawn from the EFL Trophy*.

Probably going to fatten the squad for the first month of the season before they go out on loan.

(*edited)

Last edited:
Our U23s have withdrawn from the PLtrophy.

Probably going to fatten the squad for the first month of the season before they go out on loan.

Might need them with this schedule for the first team !

BTW DId you mean the u23's withdrawing from the EFL trophy where they compete with League 1 and League 2 teams ?

And the rest of the season is potentially pretty packed too !

Last edited:
I assume that this will be what Ryan is in charge of. Since he has a similar title to what Sherwood had when he was in charge of this.

Possible but unclear. What's needed is to develop a network of lower league (and overseas ) clubs who might take Spurs youngsters, something tat seems to have been neglected in recent years so needs rebuilding

Following from a discussion in the transfer thread.

Does anyone know can Whiteman play for the U23s AND be our 3rd choice keeper, travelling to games etc ?

Don’t we have 3 other gks for the U23s atm

Jonathan De Bie
Joshua Oluwayemi
Kacper Kurylowicz

Plus Austin and Whiteman.

Austin likely to go on loan again I suspect.

De Bie was trying to go back to Belgium - good gk but unlucky to be behind Austin and Whiteman.

But even if de Bie leaves we have Oluwayemi and Kurylowicz to play u23's leaving Whiteman to be first team 3rd gk if JM wants him there.

We also have 4 gk's in the u18's ! So no shortage pf gk's !

Plus Austin and Whiteman.

Austin likely to go on loan again I suspect.

De Bie was trying to go back to Belgium - good gk but unlucky to be behind Austin and Whiteman.

But even if de Bie leaves we have Oluwayemi and Kurylowicz to play u23's leaving Whiteman to be first team 3rd gk if JM wants him there.

We also have 4 gk's in the u18's ! So no shortage pf gk's !
I personally don’t count whiteman or Austin as they are with the first team squad now.

whiteman comes 3rd choice and hopefully Austin goes to a league club on loan.

We’ve definitely stacked up on the goalkeepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom