Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters
Anyone else secretly (or not secretly) hope Steve "I hate it" Hitchen does a no holds barred interview and spills all the beans about what it's like to be in charge of transfers at a club run by Levy?

I'd watch it.
I'd probably pay to watch it.

A clear sign of how incompetent this moron is can be seen in the documentary when Bergwijn was about to sign and Hitchen was proudly proclaiming how he was “EXACTLY what this team needs.”
A young bumbling winger was quite literally the last thing this team needed at the time.

The guy is a complete and utter clown. But like many others at the club, the buck ultimately stops with the even bigger idiot who hired him.

I want to give Hitchen a break - if what Ally Gold has reported is true then he wrote a managerial shortlist that fit our profile only for Levy to simultaneously appoint a DoF over his head (allegedly didn't know it was going to happen) and suddenly and in embarrassing fashion pursue Conte who absolutely didn't fit that list of targets.

Then Levy turns around and acts shocked that Conte was apparently completely wrong for the job.

In my opinion Levy must be thrilled that Spurs fans online meme the "I hate it" line taken out of context from the documentary and that Hitchen has become the target of ire. I guarantee everything that has gone tits up is down to Levy, not him.

Some of the opinions being made on this bloke from virtually no knowledge are ridiculous

Mourinho wouldn't work with someone who doesn't know his stuff

Not ridiculous at all.

The fans have long held suspicions that we don't have any sort of transfer plan year after year. Let's have a look at the timeline.

When Poch was large and in charge he brought along with him Paul Mitchell. Paul helped bring Dele, Toby, and Sonny. A couple of years later he went off to RB Leipzig. A team that love them or hate them, have a decent eye for talent. He recently joined Monaco so no idea how well he is fairing yet as too early.

Why Mitchell left is open to debate and I think bus-conductor bus-conductor has looked into it before but I can't recall. Speculation according to The Guardian was that it was Levy. Mitchell was replaced by Steve Hitchen in early 2017.

Three years since his arrival we have seen an absolute shambles in regards to transfers. Poch was blamed for some of it and Levy copped by far the biggest load of shit from fans and pundits. Mitchell and even before him with AVB we made lots of smaller signings that were cheap and often didn't pay off. But when they did we assembled a fantastic team. I'm talking Eriksen and Dembele for example. I'd even put Trippier in that bracket for 4M or so who we then sold for 20M.

Things have been stale transfer wise for a few years and everybody can see it. What was the trigger point for myself and a lot of fans was seeing how the Chief Scout behaves when he knows people are actually watching. "I hate the January window. It's reactive. There is no planning". I can't say that I'd be sacked if I said I hated doing my role, but I sure as hell wouldn't be getting a promotion. I double sure as fuck wouldn't be saying it to the waitress on camera.

Spurs are what we are. We will never be heavy hitters in the transfer market so we have to be smarter. We need a chief scout that is looking outside the box and not scouting via twitter and whatsapp messages from agents. Levy did his pyramid hands saying that now we are bigger we have less players to choose from. I'd say it would be the opposite if we had a chief scout that gave a shit. Ideally he would be planning for the January window NOW. Looking at contracts due, form, injury, games to go watch etc. FFS I'd be tapping up the nerds who develop Football Manager and those douchebag hipsters from Tifo.

Now the Amazon doco is out I bet Hitchen is dreading the thought of a dynamic DOF coming in. Rightly so.

If you look at the shit he’s bought you have to think he’s a clueless cunt.

Then you look at the cunt in charge and you think how is he ever going to be a success?

Then you think “I would be happier if they folded the cunt club and I took up something healthier on my weekends, like Chem-sex dogging”

then you have ANOTHER drink and wonder whether dying hurts.

happy Sunday guys

Last edited:
I hope Paratici is actually sorting our scouting department.

We all acknowledge that Spurs will never compete financially with the likes of City, Chelsea, United, and Liverpool so why aren't we absolutely piling money into having the best scouting, analytics, and sports science teams in the land? It'd save the club money in the end. I don't even think it's ENIC being cheap, just incompetent.

It makes absolutely no sense, we run ourselves exactly like the really rich clubs do except we just have less money so are shittier at it. Invest in a different asymmetric strategy if your owner isn't willing to stick money in. I'll never understand how this club is run.

As for Hitchen, he's probably not as shit as we all think, I'm sure Levy has ballsed up some of his deals. But he clearly isn't good either so it's really no loss.

Plenty of money was spent last summer but we’ve ended up with a midfield who can’t string two passes together or hold onto the ball without passing backwards. Got to blame recruitment and managers. Got rid of one of the problems. Steve, the door is over there. Someone check his pockets

Absolute fraud.

Youre Outta Here Get Out GIF by The Maury Show

Back
Top Bottom