Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely disagree. He's premier league proven, a England international, a player Poch has long admired, and exactly the sort of player we need to build up our squad if we intend to make an impact on the Champions league this season. This should have been wrapped up weeks a ago. Injury or no injury.
I'm praying it still happens, but if we end up with a cheap punt on an unknown Celta Vigo squad filler as an alternative, then I think Poch will have been well and truly shafted.
Pray for Barkley:avbpray:

Barkley has a lot of fantastic raw ingredient and I agree he'd be a good squad player. Absolutely nothing more. Whether Poch can improve him who knows? But as is he's a very average player.

23 goals, 18 assists in 150+ appearances for Everton in the premier league.

A goal or assist in every 4 games is to be quite honest very poor if you're looking to challenge top 4 let alone the winners medals.

It's not that he's banned, but he is still ineligible for a work permit yes.
Wrong. He is denied entry on the basis of law under Paragraphs 320 of the HC 395 Immigration Rules. I have set this out before. It's not about the "work permit" (Tier 2 sportsperson) eligibility, but rather the standard entry clearance rules where criminal convictions are concerned. He is fully capable of meeting the requirements of the Tier 2 visa, it's the entry clearance that is the problem.

When can I refuse on the grounds of criminality? - GOV.UK

He needs to have exceptional circumstances for entry to be allowed and until an entry clearance officer is convinced he does he is effectively banned from the UK as the Rules, which are statutory law, compel the immigration authorities to refuse. Basically, if he can't convince them of said exceptional circumstances (which usually relate to whether or not the convictions is unjust or sentence is unreasonable) then he's not coming. Personally I can't see Levy messing around with all that and I can't see the Home Office authorising his entry having already subsequently reviewed his circumstances and withdrawn entry.

Completely disagree. He's premier league proven, a England international, a player Poch has long admired, and exactly the sort of player we need to build up our squad if we intend to make an impact on the Champions league this season. This should have been wrapped up weeks a ago. Injury or no injury.
I'm praying it still happens, but if we end up with a cheap punt on an unknown Celta Vigo squad filler as an alternative, then I think Poch will have been well and truly shafted.
He's fucking us about. And stuff his £150,000 a week wage demands. I'd want a better player for that. He's a brainless footballer.

I have so many people on ignore now, reading this thread is like trying to read a book with every third paragraph removed.

The trouble is if this thread consisted of just ITK and twitter links we'd barely be passed page 19 :levylol:

What if someone on your ignore list announces a signing? You won't be able to google them with the rest of us :roseunsure:

Barkley has a lot of fantastic raw ingredient and I agree he'd be a good squad player. Absolutely nothing more. Whether Poch can improve him who knows? But as is he's a very average player.

A goal or assist in every 4 games is to be quite honest very poor if you're looking to challenge top 4 let alone the winners medals.

What's Lamelas stats like..

Yeah, he wants those unknown players?

Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier, Son Hueng-Min...these oxygen thieves shouldn't be allowed to suck our wage bill dry. Only proven Premier League internationals are good enough for us.

ArcspacE ArcspacE I take it that you've never described Americans as fat, cheeseburger eating morons? Don't lecture me you fucking Ronaldo worshipping hypocrite.
Don't forget the all round Man U worship! He's a little red devil is our Arcy. :pochsmirk:

11420927_1639002376369303_171252614_n.jpg

What are Dembele's assist / goal stats?

Wrong. He is denied entry on the basis of law under Paragraphs 320 of the HC 395 Immigration Rules. I have set this out before. It's not about the "work permit" (Tier 2 sportsperson) eligibility, but rather the standard entry clearance rules where criminal convictions are concerned. He is fully capable of meeting the requirements of the Tier 2 visa, it's the entry clearance that is the problem.

He needs to have exceptional circumstances for entry to be allowed and until an entry clearance officer is convinced he does he is effectively banned from the UK as the Rules, which are statutory law, compel the immigration authorities to refuse. Basically, if he can't convince them of said exceptional circumstances (which usually relate to whether or not the convictions is unjust or sentence is unreasonable) then he's not coming. Personally I can't see Levy messing around with all that and I can't see the Home Office authorising his entry having already subsequently reviewed his circumstances and withdrawn entry.

What time does the appeals Office close on 31st?
:levyeyes:

Ah, the Modric fallacy has been rejuvenated

Will not waste time Googling him then!

ArcspacE ArcspacE I take it that you've never described Americans as fat, cheeseburger eating morons? Don't lecture me you fucking Ronaldo worshipping hypocrite.

Everyone who wants a transfer is a cunt. That's my stance, and I will not be moved from it. And I refer you all to my previous answers if there is any doubt. It's perfectly obvious to anyone with an IQ of over 90 that the next signing we make will tip the club into irreversible decline. Get with austerity whist it's a thing chaps - or don't. None of your bleating will make a blind bit of difference. We're going with youth and coaching - get on or fuck off.

Oh dear

Transfers - Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom