Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the all round Man U worship! He's a little red devil is our Arcy. :pochsmirk:

11420927_1639002376369303_171252614_n.jpg
Nom nom nom nom nom...

I see the transfer window will shut before the season starts next season.

What a fucking breath of fresh air.
Only for deals between English clubs if I read it right.

Spurs would still be able to make deals with say La Liga clubs up until August 31st. But if Spurs and West Brom wanna do a trade it has to be done and dusted before the first game of the season.

What time does the appeals Office close on 31st?
:levyeyes:
I'm sure Levy will be on the phone to the Duty Judge at the High Court at 10:55pm. "My Levy, I am afraid I am denying your application for injunctive relief on the basis that "3 miwwion pounds at £1k a week is a steal" is a not a cogent legal argument". :levywhoa:

And you know that how? Could be Everton, Koeman, Levy, etc.

The 150k was tabloid horse-shit - what even?

Far too many people seem to want to blame the dragging out of this on one particular person, when we don't know who it is that's dragging their heels on it.

For all we know, Everton/Koeman don't want to sell him to us until deadline day, because they want to hang out until strengthening us. They might not want to sell until they sign siggy. Levy/Poch may want to hold out to see if he can come cheaper. Truth is, it's all speculation though. Literally anything could be holding this back. I'd have been happier if we had say on Walker until deadline day personally, but it is what it is.

Far too many people seem to want to blame the dragging out of this on one particular person, when we don't know who it is that's dragging their heels on it.

For all we know, Everton/Koeman don't want to sell him to us until deadline day, because they want to hang out until strengthening us. They might not want to sell until they sign siggy. Levy/Poch may want to hold out to see if he can come cheaper. Truth is, it's all speculation though. Literally anything could be holding this back. I'd have been happier if we had say on Walker until deadline day personally, but it is what it is.
I personally think Barkley is long done but we're waiting for them to sign Siggy else they''d have to pay extra due to their weakened position

Completely disagree. He's premier league proven, a England international, a player Poch has long admired, and exactly the sort of player we need to build up our squad if we intend to make an impact on the Champions league this season. This should have been wrapped up weeks a ago. Injury or no injury.
I'm praying it still happens, but if we end up with a cheap punt on an unknown Celta Vigo squad filler as an alternative, then I think Poch will have been well and truly shafted.
Pray for Barkley:avbpray:

It would be logical that Everton wont sell Barkley until they have their replacement. Nothing we can do about that.

I was keen to start but the longer it has gone on the more i'm thinking he's a bad fit.

I certainly wouldn't be paying over the odds for him as there are some huge question marks over his head.

23, and no real signs over the last two seasons of developing into more than just a "player with potential".

And if the rumours are true and Poch is considering him as a Dembele replacement then i would be even more sceptical.

Dembele is a very unique player, almost incomparable. He is revered for his upper body strength, his uncanny ability not to lose possession, his short concise passing, his dribbling AND his tackling.

I would say Barkley ticks very few of those boxes. Plays higher risk longer passes, losses possession much more often, poor in the tackle. AND (even as a number ten?) completed less take ons than Dembele.

Dont let your desperation to sign a known quantity skew your judgement. Id rather we signed another unknown quantity (to us) than a known bad fit. Look at Sissoko.

Last edited:

Standard Levy.

Cool interest - which in turn will probably annoy Everton as they don't want to keep Barkley. They'll probably offer him at a lower price or we'll go back in late with a lower offer which they'll accept once they sign Sigurdsson.

I think Everton need to hurry up and sign Sigurdsson - surely he's the logical target for Liverpool if Coutinho goes

Was going to make a new thread but might as well try to get this thing even further up in the page department!

What three players would you guys want out of the players we are rumoured to be signing? Off the top of my head there is Barkley, D. Sanchez, Diop, Gazzaniga, Aurier, Pereira, Keita.

Personally I would prefer Barkley, Keita and Sanchez but I reckon it will be Sanchez, Gazzaniga and Barkley. Sanchez signing this week with Barkley and Gazza the 2nd on deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom