Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey??? Did you read the interview mate? If anything Rose is saying he wants world class players at the club to challenge him. He never mentions anything about not wanting to fight for a place. Whiles he's coming across as a bit of a prick, I don't blame him one bit. We have a chairman that pays shit wages compared to the other top teams.

We have made no attempt to sign a single player this season whilst everyone around us are strengthening. How can you blame the guy ? If the fans are getting pissed off with our lack of ambition then how do you think the players are feeling ? The usual deluded guys on here will defend levy until they are blue in the face. Fact is our lack of ambition will ruin all the good work we have done.
as opposed to the deluded guys on here who want us to spend spend spend, whilst we are trying to repay the money on an 800million pound stadium.

Its not like Game of Thrones you know, we can't go out and sack a castle and fight a few dragons to make everything alright.

This is the real world

so who's deluded?

I read a post on Spurs Community yesterday morning saying they just wanted the club to sign anyone at this moment in time. It was in the Transfer ITK thread.

You can accuse me of lying all you like it's 100% the truth.

If I posted such a non-point why are you even bothered? Why all the abuse? You can simply ignore it if you don't like it.

I know you've not been here long, but you'll need thicker skin if you want to survive around here.

Spurs Community it ain't, you soppy cunt! :dierpochhug:

4vWVmk2.jpg

(with apologies to the seminal Stanford Marshmallow Experiment on delayed gratification)

Does he get royalties??
Or was it a commission?

Hope its royalties cos its never off the fucking telly!! :)

He'll get royalties regardless if he wrote the song. I'm not sure how much it will be for a play but I know that the royalties for having a song on BBC radio 1 used to net you roughly 60 pound a play with the way it was all worked out.

Do we know when this interview took place?

Could they have sat on this planning to use it at a time when they figured it would get the most traction?

For instance if it had been released at the start of the transfer window would it be none news pretty quickly?

Also how many interviews has this lad done, normally they go out and do several together?

I seem to remember a similar one a couple of months ago. Could they have either kept details back to enable two stories or did they think their article was too close to the other one released?

I'm really disappointed as for many years I saw him as a weak link and prone to errors however Poch has transformed him.

In all honesty I'm not sure what I expect to happen:

1. a club statement
2. a Danny statement (giving timing and context) was this interview before his new contract and it was obvious he wanted and would be getting ore money?
3. Him to be exiled
4. Ignore it and carry on

Thing is, if this is an old interview did the club and players already know?

The Sun are wankers and know we are melts. Their advertising revenues have gone through the roof today and every vulture is circling.

So when Rose is also sold to a rival, is that the time when we all stop taking the piss out of Southampton ?
What are your thoughts on Rose's comments John. Brake it down, all the quotes, reading them how do you feel about him saying these things, the timing of saying them. Then pretend you are the manager, what are you going to say to him this morning when he walks into the training ground and how would you move forward, what are your next steps?

Of course. It's always the players, isn't it.

You're blaming Levy for Rose going behind the club's back to the Sun on the eve of the season and slating the fans, the players outside the starting eleven, and the chairman? Take off your Rose tinted glasses. He's a snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom