Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I expect the add-ons his agent wants are insane.
45/50 mill for an 18 year old is pretty nuts as it is despite his potential.

Having Foyth is probably another reason.

Whilst de Ligt has the experience and is heralded as being perhaps the best centre back of his generation, Foyth is being slept on by his own fans.

Foyth will have a GRUELLING pre-season. He's probably been in the gym all season and told that this year will be his year. Pre-season, our training team will be stepping up his gym work and making him as strong as he can be at his age and getting him ready.

Always a fan of getting young promising talent,

But even with potentially losing Toby, i thought being linked to another CB was a little strange. We have Sanchez, Jan, Foyth and Dier for emergencies.

Hopefully this means more money to spend on CMs and attacking players

Crazy idea but have you ever thought that we might be keeping Toby now? The fact that the talks between us and Manu stopped over Toby and we now aren't in for Delight anymore is interesting. . .

All reports happened with in a day or so aswell

The "Levy lied to Pochettino's face" movement has already started on social media and it is both sad and hilarious at the same time.

Some of our fans are no better than the cretins in the media:

"I want us to pay 50M for Sessengon....but there hasnt been a rumour for a couple weeks so Ive actually stopped talking about him......now I want DeLigt for 55M AND Toby to stay......and/or Martial, and Bale, Immobile, Zaha and whoever else is linked next week.
But NOT Shaqiri and NOT Grealish.
This means, that Levy has SHAFTED Poch, and Im going to peddle it until September."

Especially since if it were true Poch could waltz into the biggest club in the world and become their manager.
I am honestly annoyed by the fact that whenever a transfer rumour doesn't come true it is somehow always our fault. The shit is always on our doorstep with such a vocal part of our fanbase. It is never the selling club/player/agent etc. It is always the club/Levy/whoever we send to negotiate's fault.

Like. A player sale is not like on Fifa where you press a few buttons.

Ugh... the DeLigt news is frustrating, though we can definitely get by with Foyth and a vet content to ride the pine (Evans?). CCV apparently has been pretty poor in possession. We're a possession dominant team- I don't think we can really afford to play that kind of a player.
Hopefully no DeLigt means more gunpowder to land a top player in CM, where we desperately need reinforcement.
M-Savic over 100m euro though seems ridiculous and surely nothing that Levy will be interested in.
Kovacic would be great but dealing with RM will be a nightmare since they want so many of our players and coach.
After that though, it seems like there aren't so many obvious targets.
Maybe we can take a look at Weigl? N'Dombele looked impressive too.
#frustrated

Back
Top Bottom