Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it was the sell-on percentage that Levy managed to buy out for cheap when they had financial difficulties.

Southampton agreed to it because they thought Walcott was going to be the bigger star out of the two.

giphy.gif
could have been, if we had let bale go that january window after redknapp took over

I don't know anywhere near enough about Fekir, but I would love it if we signed him for the hell of it.

kevin-keegan-love-it.jpg
Apparently Liverpool want to lower the fee because of something that came up in the medical. Can't be that bad since they still want him so lets just call up Lyon and offer them the original fee in exchange for a speedy deal.

So you're genuinely not worried about them overtaking us? A massive problem for them last season was squad depth and their defence. They've pretty much addressed these issues already. If their signings hit the ground running they're in with a shot at the title

paul joyce‏ @__pauIjoyyce
Naby Keita transfer in doubt as Leipzig accuse Liverpool of breaching clauses in the transfer agreement @TimesSport

Oops no 2 ? Lollerpool getting a reputation - that could get very expensive for them !

We should be looking at Lewis Cook over at Bournemouth if we are looking to increase our homegrown quota with promising youngsters. He's legit good

So you're genuinely not worried about them overtaking us? A massive problem for them last season was squad depth and their defence. They've pretty much addressed these issues already. If their signings hit the ground running they're in with a shot at the title
Ive heard if for a decade, and eight times we’ve finished above them while spending a fraction of their costs, while they operate 200M in debt winning nothing.

So no, I’m not worried about Liverpool. They’ve been outed as a one man team, and you can laud their signings as much a s you want, the fact is none of them have kicked a ball in the PL yet.

Wasn’t the same said about them last year? And the gooners? And Chelsea?

Tired of it mate, we’re the only club to finish top 3 for the last 3 seasons. But everyone else is doing so much better than us supposedly.

I agree to the extent that it's undeniable that they have massively improved in CM, assuming they all go through. Fabinho is big and skilled, pretty sure he'll be successful in the prem. Keita seems a lot like Kante- think he'll make a great pairing with Fabinho. Can't see Fekir being ineffective- he's got some great moves.

Their top lineup is undeniably strong and has gotten stronger, but we can still match it or better.
(I'm counting Dembele still in our current top lineup, pairing Waynama in CM, with Dier dropped back to RB with Toby gone.)

We should be looking at Lewis Cook over at Bournemouth if we are looking to increase our homegrown quota with promising youngsters. He's legit good

Good shout on Cook- seems like he would be a good partner for Wanyama or Dier in the mix. Active and possession-oriented. Pretty nice passing range from deep. Prem experience. Captain at International level for his age group (?). Think we can trust Howe to have scouted him properly. Low risk, high reward. Could he be got for 15-20m?

Back
Top Bottom