Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now we are talking. More de Ligt. Less Shaqiri plz.

Inter Milan probably makes sense. Big summer for them with CL football.

Saying that, I think the ships sailed. We probably had the opportunity to sign Lucas for cheap in January or wait to sign Malcom and Levy made the call.

Seems Malcom is being paraded around by his agent. He's linked to about 12 different teams.

Wonder if interest has cooled on him

Seems Malcom is being paraded around by his agent. He's linked to about 12 different teams.

Wonder if interest has cooled on him
He cooled down a bit during the spring season (Ironically as Bordeaux as a whole got better) so yeah. Interest is probably not as hot now for him.

Those stupid cunts on SC are now suggesting donating money to the site if more "clues" are released on potential transfers.

And then:

I am in the wrong fucking job, but i have applied to work at:

@takingeasymoneyfromstupidfuckers.com
I still don't understand this. If it is sensitive info...why the fuck would you even leak clues about it? Either you tell people straight up what you "know" or you don't say fucken anything. The fact that the info constantly fluctuates over the course of a window proves that they aren't as clued in as what people think they are. Yet they are protected like gods, to the point where if you criticise/disagree them, you'll be banned or attacked. Fucking insane.

Shaqiri for 12-13mil is a punt in today's market. I just don't see how he fits into the squad. But there's no way we are signing him unless Poch wants him, so have at it.

I honestly think that if Poch could get him in pre-season he would get him as match fit as Alan Brazil.

shaq-shoe-size.jpg

You misinterpreted most of my post.

My point is. The club has a structure and it will stick to it. It will improve with time. And there is one player that sets the level for what is the roof of the structure. That man is Kane. Whatever Kane gets is the max amount. He is the top earner alongside Hugo for a reason.

And we all know that once one of our key players signs a new deals more follow, because that happens all the thime. Last time Kane committed to a new deal Eriksen, Rose, Walker, Dele and Davies all followed.

The point being the club uses Kane's salary as the ceiling for the structure. If Toby/Jan/Winks etc walk in and demand to be paid more they are going to be told no and will recieve a counter offer.

Once Kane signs a new deal with us we are going to see more of our key players follow suit.
Fair enough. I just don't think paying toby more would cause as many problems as a lot of you seem to think. & I'd still prefer shakiri type spending to go on our best players wages instead (if we do go on to say we can't afford 50k extra for say eriksen).

Honestly doubt Woolwich could afford him.

I mean I doubt they're not going after him based on him being a cunt when they're signing Fellaini.

Loving this.... Conducted themselves like some low-rent United in recent seasons only to find their hands tied financially when its time for the post-Wenger revamp.

Blantantly down to their melty fanbase bullying the old fart into spending the much vaunted warchest he'd accumulated as his parting legacy.

None of it however arrested their downward slide and they still hounded him out.

Still, at least paying Ozil 350kpw makes them feel big-tme.

:sonpoint:

I just don't think paying toby more would cause as many problems as a lot of you seem to think

So on one hand, we pay too little to the likes of Dele, Kane and Eriksen and should pay them what Liverpool can in order to keep them (spend big remember Scott).....and then on the other hand, none of them will mind if we give Toby 80k a week more than them....

:lennon:

In all fairness, he can jog on.

I honestly think that Levy and Poch have done what they can for him and that he just wants one big final (at the top level) payday. He isn't going to get paid more (and by no means should he) than Kane, Lloris, Eriksen and Dele, not to mention Jan. No way.

We played tremendous football without him and for all the snowflakes out there saying we shouldn't sell him to make the competition stronger well they can do a runner as i think we should sell to the highest bidder and trust Poch to invest that money to strengthen the squad as a whole.

We have Jan, Sanchez, Foyth, and Dier if needed as a backup and possibly Matthijs de Ligt most of those a lot younger, and more importantly hungrier.

Well if Poch wants him, you must have some major issues with the managers competence. I trust his judgement and will back any player who pulls the shirt on. You can look forward to slagging off Shaqiri should he sign.

I´ll look forward to seeing what he can bring to us when we dry up in the final third. Not my problem, and not my duty to explain to you why other clubs arent looking at him. They might be, they might not be, its not important to me.

I dont see everyone lining up to sign Martial either

I have heard exactly 0 words about Shaqiri from Poch mouth. I am fairly confident, that he is not fan of Shaq, as the skillset nor mentality nor consistency (btw, you point out how inconsistent Lamela and Son is, but you totally ignore the fact that Shaq has even worse case of incosistency on himself!) of the player does not make him likely target to me. I believe it is just agent trying to get attention on him. I might be wrong ofc, and I do not claim to have any inside info, just basing this on my own judgement.

Sentence "Well if Poch wants him, you must have some major issues with the managers competence." is absurdly stupid. I mean, we can all agree that there have been some transfers that have failed badly (Llorente, N'Koudou, Janssen). Yet I agree that on aggregated level we have done well to put together team of this standard for the amount we have done it for. ABSOLUTELY NONE of this means that I have issues with manager competence - with this strategy you are bound to make mistakes, and saying that one player is a flop or that I believe specific player would be pointless addition does not mean saying that the gaffer is not competent, baffles me how someone could suggest it is...

Those stupid cunts on SC are now suggesting donating money to the site if more "clues" are released on potential transfers.

And then:

I am in the wrong fucking job, but i have applied to work at:

@takingeasymoneyfromstupidfuckers.com
Yeah but at least they get a bit of excitement around possible ITK info that no one else has (invented)

i pay Admin Admin monthly so he and his mates can have a beer and babble a bit on a podcast

Back
Top Bottom