Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Judging by Poch's comments it seems new signings won't happen. If he's happy than I am, he's more than earned our trust.

He's not going to come out and say he's unhappy though is he? Because he's a classy bloke.

A couple of weeks ago he said the club were working really hard to make signings we needed.

I've declared unrestricted meme warfare
2fkacr.jpg

Are we really falling back on that as definitive squad improvement? I agree that getting to the semis is good experience for them, but I don't think it makes up for bringing in no-one to improve the team.

Also, what then of Toby and Rose? If your logic of the semi final experience being so important holds true then has it made the other players sufficiently better to mitigate shipping those two out with no incomings?

I'd say it doesn't. I'd say it leaves us thinner than we were before.
It definitely surpasses bringing in Jack Grealish.

Rose and Toby are going nowhere. So I'm not sure I need to answer that.

I feel like poch is pretty disappointed in the inside. He's way too good of a bloke to say otherwise. I'm disappointed for him if anything
But he's not a little boy at Christmas not getting a present is he? He speaks to Levy daily probably, they may have spent hundreds of hours discussing this and he could've been expecting it, advocating it even. They're grown men running something, assessing risk, spend etc. Poch's not an idiot. All the be brave stuff could've referred to paying our stars higher wages, making loads of signings in Jan or next year, whatever. I suspect Poch is ok...

Hopefully this means that the yoof will play a bigger role this season, the likes of Amos. And hoping for big seasons from Winks, Moura, Lamela, Wanyama and KWP. We might just be able to squeeze a bit more out of this squad and keep our top 4 place.

Hopefully this means that the yoof will play a bigger role this season, the likes of Amos. And hoping for big seasons from Winks, Moura, Lamela, Wanyama and KWP. We might just be able to squeeze a bit more out of this squad and keep our top 4 place.
There's also a window in January to fill any gaps.

Back
Top Bottom