Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s right everyone get your hopes up then see it all unfurl as levy “negotiates” the deal into oblivion
16958012.gif

Neuer
Kimmich - Hummels - Boateng - Alaba
Goretzka - Thiago
Pepe - Werner - Mueller
Lewandowski
Is pretty fucking good though, right?

I do wonder if Hernandez coming in sees Alaba move into CM and they go 433 with the phasing out of Mueller? - Already looks like they're phasing Hummels out for Sule, but Pavard is definitely an upgrade on Sule.

I think Werner and Pepe will suit as wide forwards in a 433.

D2mZY2nWsAMgIfS.jpg

Several of these players (Aarons, Bowen and Adams) have been mentioned in this thread. Wonder if we are prepared to actually buy and give them playing time !
I think moving for any of the Norwich boys is a losing battle - they look like getting promoted and I can't see them agreeing to sell unless we make a deal that includes, say, a season-long loan back option.

Normally I'd be totally fine with that, but if we saw Max Aaron's as being an improvement to our right back situation then we really can't be waiting a year to do so.

Neuer
Kimmich - Hummels - Boateng - Alaba
Goretzka - Thiago
Pepe - Werner - Mueller
Lewandowski
Is pretty fucking good though, right?

I do wonder if Hernandez coming in sees Alaba move into CM and they go 433 with the phasing out of Mueller? - Already looks like they're phasing Hummels out for Sule, but Pavard is definitely an upgrade on Sule.

Can they just give us Alaba?? I mean, it feels good to give.

If we get top 4, outside of sheer greed, what a platform we will have to perform on.

And yet despite that you just know that we will see hope evaporate into despair and eventually desperation.

Securing a top 4 finish is still key for me but I am already braced for the reasons if we don't get it or the limitations of expenditure and stadium cost even if we do.

Pepe’s great, and I quite like Werner, but that’s not exactly a bunch of upgrades on the outgoing mob is it?

Pavard’s a better CB than RB, but he’s not exactly a world class CB. 80m Euro for AM’s reserve left back/CB? Hudson-Odoi’s no Ribéry or Roben is he?

Hudson-Odoi certainly isn't a Ribery or Robben agreed but if they get Pepe along with Hudson-Odoi whilst also having Coman and Davies on their books that's a decent return for a Bundesliga club at the moment. It'll cost them a pretty penny but then again it was always going to trying to replace Ribery & Robben wasn't it?

Back
Top Bottom