Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the sake of argument, if we sold Lloris then who would be the keeper to bring in?

I've noticed that the timing of GK replacements in the transfer market is key. We were very fortunate to go for Lloris when we did without bigger clubs coming in for him at the time.

This summer, it's possible that the big clubs may once again be snoozing on goalkeeper replacements - unlike the madness last year of the Allison and Kepa transfers.

So who would people replace him with? If we had to change goalkeeper, I'd suggest Onana.

Gazzaniga is absolutely not good enough to be a number one goalkeeper at a club with any ambition.

There's a fucking reason he's 27 and not been a number one anywhere for a substantial period of time. Fine as a back up goalkeeper but no, if we sell Lloris then we need to splash out money on a brand new number one.

Gazzaniga is absolutely not good enough to be a number one goalkeeper at a club with any ambition.

There's a fucking reason he's 27 and not been a number one anywhere for a substantial period of time. Fine as a back up goalkeeper but no, if we sell Lloris then we need to splash out money on a brand new number one.
Agree, don't really get the gazza hype. Has looked a bit of a liability from what I have seen.

Let's face it, no one will want to join a team that's playing so shit football and probably Europa League next season, if we can get Grealish by now it's a big achievment.

This has to be the summer of 'speculate to accumulate'.

We aren't going to bring in enough in sales to properly fix this team, and our better players will start getting itchy feet if they feel like the club can only take them so far.

I hope to God that the rough calculations people did on our revenue was accurate and that the stadium, after repayments, will bring in an extra £50m or so per year. We also need that naming rights deal to get sorted sharpish and use every penny of it we get.

For the sake of argument, if we sold Lloris then who would be the keeper to bring in?

I've noticed that the timing of GK replacements in the transfer market is key. We were very fortunate to go for Lloris when we did without bigger clubs coming in for him at the time.

This summer, it's possible that the big clubs may once again be snoozing on goalkeeper replacements - unlike the madness last year of the Allison and Kepa transfers.

So who would people replace him with? If we had to change goalkeeper, I'd suggest Onana.

Onana would be good.

Thomas Strakosha of Lazio is wanting to move on and if we dared to spend big I don't see why Donnuramma wouldn't join us.

We've kept an eye on Pau Lopez and he's playing as 1st choice as far as I'm aware.

Rulli of Real Sociedad could be worth a shout.

Cillessen would be a non fancy but very reliable choice.

This is it... Hugo isn't reliable and , as I've stated on his thread , I believe our defence looking poorer over the last 18 months is largely due to them having no faith in Hugo. He doesn't look like a captain on or off the field at this stage I'm afraid I'd happily replace him before other positions

We won't do this for obvious reasons but we don't need Trippier & Aurier so ship out one. We don't need Rose and Davies so ship out one.

We'll lose Toby, probably Eriksen and we don't need Wanyama, Llorente, Lamela. Janssen or Nkoudou anymore. Theyntake up space in our squad that we could use for improvements. Vorm is offski so I make that 10 players who the club won't keep or simp,y don't need anymore.

I'd love to club to keep Eriksen, o have all the time in the world for him if he has good quality around him and isn't pulled out of position to help out in CM like we see but I can't see it happening. 10 is a huge number to move on but we don't need them anymore, they have had long enough and take up space.

It's another summer of ours determining ins but if we do get top 4 and Levy doesn't spend after this 5 game scare he will be a very foolish man with what's been invested in recent years with the stadium, training facilities etc.

I know it's controversial but the player I'd move on begrudgingly is Lamela. It's not that I don't like him but we have limited squad places and I think we could utilise that place in the squad with a different kind of player. A big shame he hasn't done enough in a Spurs shirt for a whole spectrum of reasons.

8-10 out seems drastic but fuck me we need to make the squad better before the better players start looking at their limited career time withna different set of eyes

If we sell Eriksen for ~80m then don't see why not. He's young and wages wouldn't be ridiculous but depends who else is in for him I guess.
I think you will get very disappointed if you think selling Eriksen for £80m means that we will try to sign a £80-90m player like Sancho, we will probably be more looking for 25 - maybe 40m players .

Onana would be good.

Thomas Strakosha of Lazio is wanting to move on and if we dared to spend big I don't see why Donnuramma wouldn't join us.

We've kept an eye on Pau Lopez and he's playing as 1st choice as far as I'm aware.

Rulli of Real Sociedad could be worth a shout.

Cillessen would be a non fancy but very reliable choice.

This is it... Hugo isn't reliable and , as I've stated on his thread , I believe our defence looking poorer over the last 18 months is largely due to them having no faith in Hugo. He doesn't look like a captain on or off the field at this stage I'm afraid I'd happily replace him before other positions
It just makes me so sad. I love Hugo at his best, and he's stuck with the club through years where his head might have easily been turned.

Thing is that he'd never become number 2 and you are right in that the defence would look better with someone more solid with better distribution in between the sticks.

My gut feeling, however, is that we won't change goalkeeper this summer.

On the bright side, our needs really haven’t changed since last summer, so I assume we have a lot of targets from the past 18 months to go after.

:avbcringe:
I mean the list is growing. Need a quality RB, quality LB and good CB. Definitely a HG keeper, maybe a first choice GK but that's lower down on the list of priorities. 2 great CMs, one winger/forward who can play ST if needed, and another AM. Some of those need to be HG too. It's ridiculous that it has gotten to this point

I mean the list is growing. Need a quality RB, quality LB and good CB. Definitely a HG keeper, maybe a first choice GK but that's lower down on the list of priorities. 2 great CMs, one winger/forward who can play ST if needed, and another AM. Some of those need to be HG too. It's ridiculous that it has gotten to this point
Combination of some players regressing, selling and not adequately replacing, and skipping a window. Not a shock when you think about it, and it’s the reason I’m convinced we are selling Eriksen - we need the money for 5 or 6 players, and selling our scraps and Toby isn’t going to cut it.

Agreed, but we need those 2 CMs before we even think of signing another position.

Back
Top Bottom