Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A sink or swim with a proven terrible defender where sink means we try and buy a first team RB in the Winter window after having already dropped a shit ton of points? That’s your plan?
Let's say we could only afford to buy 3/4 players.

Which of Ndombele, Lo Celso or possibly Dybala would you have avoided signing and which Right Back would you have signed in their place?

Lo Celso doesn’t play up front. He’d be in Sissokos spot and Lucas will be at RF
He has played in front 3 for Argentina. Fair point though, he probably would be in midfield. He's not a CDM though, bit odd to see people playing him as a CDM in the 4-2-3-1 formation.
What I reckon Poch will do is rotate Sissoko, Winks, Ndombele, and Lo Celso in the 3 midfield spots. This will mean, injuries aside, no midfielder will be fatigued like last season and we can fight for multiple trophies.

Also regarding formations. I think primarily we will go with a diamond which I think will have winks at the base, N'dombele and lo celso either side and then either eriksen, fernandes or dyabala at the tip, the latter can also compete with son , Lucas and kane. Gives us great options.

One thing is for certain. IF, we get both Dybala and Lo Celso, Eriksen is as good as gone, and that will put Levy in a bad position because other clubs will acknowledge the fact that we will have to sell him so they will try to get the price down...

Somehow I feel that Daniel has thought of that

:levywhoa:

Do you call reaching the Champions League final 'meh'? Also we were doing great in the league, close to City and Liverpool before the lack of squad depth and injury problems combined to ruin our league campaign.
As for Lo Celso, yeah to be fair we'd probably play him at midfield, just thought it's unfair to drop Winks given how well he's played, furthermore he has played at RW for Argentina. He's so talented he can threaten from anywhere on the pitch.
Also, we could lose Eriksen yes, but I have a feeling both Lucas and Alli will be better then last season. Alli could easily regain his confidence, while Lucas' hatrick vs Ajax has already given him the spark he needs.

I stopped reading after your first sentence, mr. Strawman. How the fuck did you come up with that?
:wansum:

I stopped reading after your first sentence, mr. Strawman. How the fuck did you come up with that?
:wansum:
You said we would be similar to last season, and said 'meh'. I would argue that the fact we reached CL final last season and league form was only bad at the end due to injuries and squad depth, the fact we've made some improvements in the transfer window puts us in a great position.

Is this real life?
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom