Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should spend the Lo Celso money on matching United's offer for AWB. We'd have the right back position sorted out for a decade.

Lo Celso looks to me more and more like a slightly upgraded Lamela. Basically a Ford Focus of a footballer that's had a crash and has developed a tendency to veer left. But with a slightly better engine, power steering and without the pointless go faster stripes and constant need to call the AA.

He's simply not worth the money they're asking for him, which is why there's no real competition. 30 Mill in this market and it's decent business, but the 53 we've supposedly bid is over the odds.

Sell Eriksen, promote Onomah, and lower the ticket prices with the money
:levylol:

or Edwards.. forgot we have Messi mk 2.

My point is that he was a realistic target last summer and we missed out. Kane and Lloris are on £200k a week (I believe). Barkley is no longer 'injured'

My point is that we are a couple of weeks away from pre-season and 45 days away from the window closing - with still nothing concrete (we went through exactly this same roller coaster 12 months ago when we would 'do our business early')

My point is that we desperately need numbers in midfield just to stand still. We need to replace Eriksen and Alderweireld unless they sign on the dotted line. Llorente needs replacing.

My point is that de Ligt may be going to Juve for £75m. (this sum should easily be within our spending power)

My point is that as supporters we need to be given some hope.
Your'e replying to Airfixx Airfixx here mate. Part of the lunatic fringe that make a beeline for Levy's chocolate starfish whenever he bends over to tie his shoe laces.

Points usually fly over his nut

We should spend the Lo Celso money on matching United's offer for AWB. We'd have the right back position sorted out for a decade.

Lo Celso looks to me more and more like a slightly upgraded Lamela. Basically a Ford Focus of a footballer that's had a crash and has developed a tendency to veer left. But with a slightly better engine, power steering and without the pointless go faster stripes and constant need to call the AA.

He's simply not worth the money they're asking for him, which is why there's no real competition. 30 Mill in this market and it's decent business, but the 53 we've supposedly bid is over the odds.
Agreed. When you watch some players you just get a sense instantly that they would be worth breaking the 60 million barrier for (Ndombele, de Jong, de Ligt spring to mind) Lo Celso just doesn't give me that vibe.

That said though, I could see it being a transfer that gets done close to deadline day if no one else comes in for him and Betis have no choice but to accept our offer.

40M on a RB who looks no different to KWP
Just use KWP.....but it would be seen as a Poch masterstroke to send him on loan to Plymouth for three years and spend a fortune on a Palace player

Agreed. When you watch some players you just get a sense instantly that they would be worth breaking the 60 million barrier for (Ndombele, de Jong, de Ligt spring to mind) Lo Celso just doesn't give me that vibe.

That said though, I could see it being a transfer that gets done close to deadline day if no one else comes in for him and Betis have no choice but to accept our offer.

I think Kai Havertz could end up being one of those players as well. Has all the tools to become a great player

Your'e replying to Airfixx Airfixx here mate. Part of the lunatic fringe that make a beeline for Levy's chocolate starfish whenever he bends over to tie his shoe laces.

Points usually fly over his nut

You’ve got some stuff you need to deal with John

Spending doesn't equal success. It's a disadvantage in lots of ways. Pep is doing amazingly well considering all the down sides it brings. Also they have to contend with paying big fees, most of our best signings have been cheap ones. Not to mention they all know city are rich so they up the price.

MAN DOWN!!
MAN DOWN!!

Spending doesn't equal success. It's a disadvantage in lots of ways. Pep is doing amazingly well considering all the down sides it brings. Also they have to contend with paying big fees, most of our best signings have been cheap ones. Not to mention they all know city are rich so they up the price.

EnchantedGraciousAffenpinscher-max-1mb.gif

Respectful disagreement welcomed.

Bruising? Really? Is Dele gonna go back to breaking folks' knees? but by all means let's go back to the future during this re-build. I'm sure that's exactly what Poch was referring to in his comments.

Would love for you to fill us in on maybe a couple or 3 of these 'battering ways', especially without improving the MF to actually transition the ball from our own area and distribute it. That is unless those two are going to develop the ability to create their own goals (I type that as Aguero picks the ball up in the attacking third and dribbles 30yds by his CB and score all by himself) because defenses will squeeze us tight without fear in behind or being beaten with the ball...like the CL final.

Dele and Kane both have a very good aerial game. Both can hit strikes from inside or outside the box, Kane can hit with both his feet. Both are very strong passers and playmakers and get others involved in the game. On top of that, they have a great relationship and seem to feed off of each other. Yea, they aren't speed demons, but that's ok- we should have wide players able to take care of that for us.

All that money yet they have never spent more than in the £60m figure for a player when a few in our league have spend £70m, £80m even £90m and other clubs have smashed through the £100m mark.

Guardiola deserves far more respect balancing ego with finance than he gets in my opinion, I make you right in that sense Scott.

nar mate. which team can buy a completely new full back set in one summer? plus whatever other players they bought that year. he would fall flat managing west brom. barna, bayen and city. he can't believe his luck lol!

This could get confusing...

Spurs are monitoring £15million Denmark Under-21 sensation Andreas Skov Olsen.

The Danish winger, who plays for FC Nordsjælland, has won a string of admirers across Europe after a hugely impressive campaign last season.

The 19-year-old scored 19 league goals and 23 in all competitions during the 2018-19 campaign

He has also taken his form onto the international stage, scoring for his country’s Under-21 side in their 3-1 win over Austria last week.

He only played a total of 92 minutes for the Danes in Italy, with them exiting the tournament despite two wins in their three matches, but starred when handed the opportunity by coach Niels Frederiksen.

The young Dane is entering the final year of his contract at Nordsjælland, who face having to cash in now, or risk losing their prized asset for nothing in 12 months time.

Olsen has also been linked with a move to domestic rivals FC Copenhagen, but admitted a switch was unlikely as Under-21 teammate Robert Skov is already there in his favoured position.

"Yes, I heard a little about them having interest in any case", Olsen told Danish daily BT, when asked about FC Copenhagen.

"The good thing about it is they are in Denmark too. They are the largest club in Denmark.

"But I see no reason to think about it before I have seen Robert sign a contract somewhere else.

"So I haven't really thought about that anymore."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom