Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barça are completely fucked. There's no coach in hell that can save them. Shit board, money running out, ageing players. This is what an idiot running the club can do to you...
Nah, they’ve got a deal for Lautaro Martinez already set up. Get Poch in, switch to his 4-2-3-1 where Messi is the central AM and protected from any defensive work. They only need a few smart signings and they’ll be set again.

i need weak twitter posts NOW
giphy.gif

And that is Levy's fault. And that is why your constant double-dealing on this issue is so repulsive.

You keep crying out in the middle of the ocean for a DoF. But there is no sign of one on the horizon. Pochettino is long gone-and that was your previous excuse for our not having one-so where is the DoF? And why don't train your guns on Levy for this?

Instead we keep getting your empty talk about how Levy is at fault for lots of things (without taking much care to actually go into detail on the nature of these things), but our mode of recruitment is not one of them (even though it drives you around the twist). The problem is not that the manager/coach should call all the shots when it comes to recruitment-this should never, ever happen-it is because our recruitment is consistently largely hopeless, regardless of who is sitting in the dugout.

Since Poch (and his apparently stinky finger) slinked out of the building, we have bought two players. And you rate neither of them. And I am raging over this Hojbjerg jiggery-pokery.

Mourinho went on the record as being unhappy at our failure to sign a striker in the January winger. A striker. You can Google this. It's all there on the Interweb. Wanted a striker, felt we were up shit creek with Kane being out. And what did he get? He got a winger. A winger whom you don't rate. And Poch was gone, remember, so you can't stick it on him.

Last week, we went and signed a player neither you nor I can stand. And whose minutes you would have gladly given to Skipp, I believe. The entire deal is expected to cost us £45m (if he stays here for the length of his contract). And remember-Pochettino was sent on gardening leave last November. So, it couldn't have been his doing.

So, here we are. Pochettino is gone. Player recruitment continues to be depressing and infuriating. Who is responsible? Levy. So, let us call a spade a spade. None of your shameless hypocrisy, please. Many people on this site look to you for guidance, you know.

And on the topic of Liverpool's hunt for a left-back, let's get this straight-and let's make sure the entire forum knows this-you rate Tsimikas very, very highly. Liverpool wanted a left back. They got a left back. And a damn good one. One who would improve us no end. They didn't go looking for a left-back, and arrive home from Lidl with a winger.

And as a matter of fact, I also like Lewis very much indeed. So, what I would say is that both of the left-backs Liverpool were linked with are very tasty. I think they were linked with Reguilon, too-another player you have expressed an interest in. Do you see any dud options on that list? I don't. And that is the point, isn't it? Not one donkey on it.

Meanwhile over at Tottenham, we are casting our net very wide. Doing our scouting on MOTD, generally speaking. Have we been linked with anyone you actually like? You have your head between your knees worrying we will sign Callum Wilson or Troy Deeney. You said none of the right-backs we are being linked to are better than Aurier (and I don't think you're too wide of the mark on that one). We are being constantly linked to a deal whereby we will swap a fabulously talented midfielder (one both you and I are huge fans of) for another wardrobe of a CB. It is not about the money we do or do not spend. There are players out there who would improve us so much for absolutely fuck all, in relative terms. Players like Tsimikas. He is a better player than Chilwell, who is priced at £80m, if reports are to be believed. Fine CBs like Salisu and Disasi are changing hands for £11m-£15m. But maybe we prefer the wardrobe at Inter. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.

One person oversees this madness. One.
Wow, that's a tight spot you've put our dear friend bus-conductor bus-conductor in. Will he answer directly or pull one of his slithery pieces of bullshit? Putting on my BC hat I'm gonna help him out here...But what about Sissoko? He's still here and that was Poch's fuckup somehow.

Back
Top Bottom