Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if Ben Chillwell moves to Chelsea and Leicester want Castagne to play as their new LB - which would be a bit strange, if you ask me -, it wouldn´t be the first time Leicester is being linked with a new RB by a serious journalist. For example, Leicester is also mentioned as a club very interested in Zeki Çelik.

One can dream...

Leicester seem to buy quite a few players we are linked with. Peirera, Maddison, Tielemans were on our radar and scouted heavily by us

I reckon Levy and his inner circle want Aarons, we have been linked with him for a couple of years now, but Jose wants Celik. The compromise might be Castagne

Yes Sammy, you have to spend big to consistently compete for biggest honors.
Ahhhh we’ve gone from spend big to consistently win the biggest honours to consistently compete for them.
We consistently competed for the CL for 4 years in a row.
Longer than Liverpool recently actually.

And how’s that going for city in the CL?
You know theres “only two trophies worth winning” and they’ve spent billions and only won one.
In fact they lost that one to a team with 9M Hull LB, an academy RB, a 30M Basle striker, a 34M Southampton AM, a 20M Sunderland DM and a 12M Aston Villa CM who was used as a LB for a while.

But don’t tell me, they won it all because VVD cost 75M

Last edited:
Oh Mamma, has this thread been busy since my last post.

People now saying City's defeat to Lyon proves that spending money has no impact on success

:freund:

Only, you know, they've won like Fifteen (15) trophies since our last effort?

giphy.gif
Hahhahahaahhaa

I knew the Levy fuckbois will use City losing to justify our failures somehow

While in reality - we’d kill for even one of their 15 trophies won recently.

What a bunch of lemmings..

Even if Ben Chillwell moves to Chelsea and Leicester want Castagne to play as their new LB - which would be a bit strange, if you ask me -, it wouldn´t be the first time Leicester is being linked with a new RB by a serious journalist. For example, Leicester is also mentioned as a club very interested in Zeki Çelik.

One can dream...
Question is - why aren’t we in for Chilwell?

Hahhahahaahhaa

I knew the Levy fuckbois will use City losing to justify our failures somehow

While in reality - we’d kill for even one of their 15 trophies won recently.

What a bunch of lemmings..
But none of you can quite put your finger on why City have yet to make a CL final?
Have they even made a semi final?

Why isn’t the money theory working here?
we are talking Billions spent.

Can you explain what’s going on here?

Weird potential signing. Iirc he has had 2 cruciate knee injuries, left and right knees.
We are most likely to get Robin Quaison imo. 2 years younger than Wilson, don't know whether he would be able to get double figures in the Prem.

But none of you can quite put your finger on why City have yet to make a CL final?

So all the other trophies they’ve won are irrelevant? We made the final last year - does it mean we’re better than them? It’s about sustained success. They’ve won 2 of the last 3 PLs. We last won it 60 years ago.

Erm they haven't been good enough in that competition.

Well - he’s the kind of signing that can bring us back into Top 4 contention - enough with the bargain bin specials!
We aren't going to go for him unless we can sell 2 or 3 players first. Bargain bins are here to stay we hired a chequebook manager and gave him no chequebook.

Erm they haven't been good enough in that competition.
What City have to do with us is beyond me. Point is - they’ve won 15 major trophies since major investment came in inclusion 4 PLs. In the same period we’ve won fuck all. Guess who won

Back
Top Bottom