Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree he’s a mad bastard.

He does need to calm down.

Just want it to happen naturally so we don’t kill his edge like we got baited into with Dele.
Yup. Kill the aggression you get half the player. The key is getting him to use it positively more consistently.

He's still very young for a CB, he still has some rough edges that time, experience and good coaching will rub off him.

He might not be elite right now, but he has everything he needs to be so.

Yup. Kill the aggression you get half the player. The key is getting him to use it positively more consistently.

He's still very young for a CB, he still has some rough edges that time, experience and good coaching will rub off him.

He might not be elite right now, but he has everything he needs to be so.

Absolutely.

It's part of what makes him great and also part of what makes him shit.

The volatility in the swings from one to the other should naturally get calmer as he matures and also plays in a settled system with a good coach.

Conte isn't a good coach, even if he is a winner.

We definitely didn't give Inter enough of a reason to force him out...

Unlike Newcastle, we actually had Conte waiting for him. And London to live in.

Also this is the the very same Conte who dramatically walked out on Inter and Bastoni after winning the league. The same Conte who never committed to a long term contract at Spurs. I'd say Bastoni made a fucking smart decision not following Conte to Tottenham, fair play to the lad he is a smart cookie.

Also this is the the very same Conte who dramatically walked out on Inter and Bastoni after winning the league. The same Conte who never committed to a long term contract at Spurs. I'd say Bastoni made a fucking smart decision not following Conte to Tottenham, fair play to the lad he is a smart cookie.

Not the point I was making.

Ifs and buts.

If we had signed him, maybe Conte signs the contract and actually coaches instead of sulking like a bitch...

This idea, unfortunately, isn't compatible with the idea that we had no way to get Conte's most important signing at CB.

- Fat payrise
- Play for your former mentor
- CL football
- Biggest league in the world
- Declare him top of our shopping list

.........What else do you suggest we didn't do to convince him?

- Fat payrise
- Play for your former mentor
- CL football
- Biggest league in the world
- Declare him top of our shopping list

.........What else do you suggest we didn't do to convince him?
I didn't say we didn't convince the player.

I said we didn't do enough to convince Inter that they should "convince" Bastoni to go.

Watching the way that Newcastle were successful in a very very similar pursuit, with Milan eventually "convincing" Tonali to move to a place in northern England where people don't speak English, kind of backs up my point.

Would you agree?

He won in the end.

Came back from the dead and guided the good guy that he had trained to win.
That's not true. Luke failed. Vader's conscience is what won, in the end, and there's no real evidence that Yoda's training of Luke impacted the result. No way of knowing if being faced with the proposition of being cuckolded into watching his son's murder wouldn't have broken his resolve, whether or not Luke had been trained by a jedi.

Back
Top Bottom