Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
(Both have been said at one point or another.....)

Each selling club's circumstances are different.... As are every players motivations.

I know nothing of ACs predicament (how desperate their needs were), but last summer Inter were said to be desperately needing money, but they still cock-blocked all the rumoured big exits from the club... Even opting to lose Skriniar for free.......

The noose is even tighter (!) round their neck this summer as a result with rumour that if they don't raise 250m over the next 12 months their major debtor will take ownership of the club.

If at all true; sounds like they're run by nutters to me.

We were suggested to have bid 60-70m (euro?) for Bastoni.... What (i.e. how much) do you suggest?
I saw 70m as the price they wanted.

Never saw that we bid anything past 50m

1000% agreed, I've been saying this for years. :nunothumb:

But the current corporate sensibilities seem incapable of producing good work for this kind of project. Better to hold off for a few years while the storm blows through.

Yep.

Proper good TV show in there somewhere....... Think Andor pace and vibes.

Give it 5-10 years and we'll have fan-fic good enough to blow Disney out of the water..... I'd love to see a re-boot of the prequels....... The major bullet-points are fine, but it's just so bloody badly executed (and mostly boring).

Revenge of the Sith is the 2nd best star wars movie after Empire comfortably.
Run Away Donald Glover GIF by Childish Gambino

60m for a player with a year left on his deal is ridiculous though. We could come close to signing two players for that and be better off squad wise
There are some alternatives for AM which Tottenham tv boys highlighted and they didn’t even put madd as no1. Pedro at sporting , Ajax midfielder and eze for starters.

Even at 45-50m; I'd go for Eze instead.

Eze & Scott. 👍

I don't sense we need a trad #10 like Maddison.
Wow I said the same! Makes a change to be in agreement. I’m not against madd wanted him last summer instead of buying that donkey rich for £60m. To think some of the players we could get for that money. We should have used that money for a top CB. Still think whoever agreed and said we needed him for that price needs to be sacked if still at the club!

Wow I said the same! Makes a change to be in agreement. I’m not against madd wanted him last summer instead of buying that donkey rich for £60m. To think some of the players we could get for that money. We should have used that money for a top CB. Still think whoever agreed and said we needed him for that price needs to be sacked if still at the club!
Probably made up of add ons as Eve were desperate so suspect it’s nowhere near 60M committed - would absolutely move him on this summer. Woeful touch

Oh the London argument........like Milan and its surrounding areas is a shit hole? Conte loved living in his London hotel didnt he. If you get the chance ask Conte why he lived alone in a hotel his whole time here and why his wife and kid remained in Italy
Prbly enjoying the call of high class hookers

Back
Top Bottom