Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Revenge of the Sith is the 2nd best star wars movie after Empire comfortably.
Run Away Donald Glover GIF by Childish Gambino

star-wars-darth-vader.gif

They paid what it took to get their top target
Somehow I don't think he was their top target. And if they wanna spend elite dosh on a non-elite player, then that's fine with me.

I like Tonali, he reminds me a bit of Demetrio Albertini, an AC player from the 90s I used to love. But he's not world class in my books and therefore not worth 70 mil.

As much as I hate Levy and blame him for the situation we're in these days, I'm fine with him not being taken to the cleaners and paying silly money for simply good players.

I agree he’s a mad bastard.

He does need to calm down.

Just want it to happen naturally so we don’t kill his edge like we got baited into with Dele.
I just think we need a beast next to him, a dude that'll be the No 1 leader at the back, someone Romero will look up to, respect...fear almost.

No way Cuti would do that sort of shit next to prime Toby or Superjan.

Really tough. Possibly Gvardiol but that’s unrealistic. Likewise Kim (although I’d see him as the replacement for Romero). I q

I’d really struggled to come up with a rock solid choice. All the ones I’m aware of have flaws I don’t even overly rate Romero. As a footballing cb’s I like Todibo and Tapsoba, but neither are outstanding defenders. Better than what we have though.

I’m really struggling to come up with a proper Leftie LCB who’s rounded, gettable and affordable.

I think we are going to have to take a punt whoever we get, whether someone young and raw like Lukeba (leftie) or someone like Tapsoba (rightie but good footballer)

You got anyone in mind?
The only outstanding candidate in my mind with no flaws and consistent is Kim, but it looks like he is going to Bayern.

Like you, I think there are many good but flawed candidates, but no-one that truely stands out.

From the little I have seen of Theate, I liked what I saw, he was quick at covering the full back, great anticipation too but his tackling stats are poor and makes a lot of errors according to stats, so I must have only seen him on his goods days.

Back
Top Bottom