Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is this scavenging around FFP threatened clubs hasnt exactly worked for us the last 2 summers. Richarlison and Johnson arent dreadful but both now seemingly squad players and both we overpaid by around £15m on. I'm not sure we're as clever as we think we are.
The way this club conducts it's transfer business literally disgusts me.

We should be identifying targets that immediately improve are starting XI and using our immense wealth and unrivalled FFP to fight toot and nail to secure them ahead of our rivals.

Instead we act like some impoverished beggar rummaging through a garbage tip hoping to unearth some tasty morsel.

Never change, Tottenham.

We should be identifying targets that immediately improve are starting XI and using our immense wealth and unrivalled FFP to fight toot and nail to secure them ahead of our rivals.

Instead we act like some impoverished beggar rummaging through a garbage tip hoping to unearth some tasty morsel.

Never change, Tottenham.

Which targets would you like to see identified?

guys like this?

View: https://youtu.be/Wbwy_lWJlOA?si=NXpwtcLqaynSSOqL

He'll have to hit 35 to make up for the glaring deficiencies in his game. Nunez hit well over 30G/A last year and I dont think many would buy him as our main striker.
Nunez has 29 G/A in all competitions this season just gone.

Interestingly enough, he has a pretty decent shot accuracy of 43%, but here's the kicker, he's hit the woodwork 14 times in 65 appearances for Liverpool. That is mental. If I remember correctly, 4 of them were in a single match!

Last edited:
I was kidding to a certain extent mate but against teams that sit in and don’t really try come out especially at home then we need more of this creative type of player rather than looking for Sarr,Bentancur or Biss to open a team up. They can’t do it and that was a problem at times last season.
thats been a problem for us for years. weve played the same side against city as we would against a parked bus pretty much. its pretty much cowardice. theres games where we should see maddison and gio starting with just one holding.

Never change, Tottenham.
It's character building mate. We're all better people for it ;)

thats been a problem for us for years. weve played the same side against city as we would against a parked bus pretty much. its pretty much cowardice. theres games where we should see maddison and gio starting with just one holding.
I’m not convinced we need two centre backs against certain shit either - just swarm them and reply Romero in middle third kill mode

View: https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1793966980409516390

One of the teams that qualified for CL on the CHO chase...

I'd guess Villa as they are a bit light on the left.

This is so exciting.

Bored-of-this-crap-meme-6.jpg

View: https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1793966980409516390

One of the teams that qualified for CL on the CHO chase...

I'd guess Villa as they are a bit light on the left.

that injury ruined his explosiveness, good technique still but feels like it would be a depth signing which we don't need. We need players on the level of Son or that are likely to reach that level or surpass .
when it comes to key positions we are too wealthy to still be looking in the bins for a french fry

that injury ruined his explosiveness, good technique still but feels like it would be a depth signing which we don't need. We need players on the level of Son or that are likely to reach that level or surpass .
when it comes to key positions we are too wealthy to still be looking in the bins for a french fry

Rather keep Werner if CHO is the backup option

Never change, Tottenham.
Yes totally agree but sadly we don’t and won’t until there’s a new sheriff in town.

Back
Top Bottom