Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because we accept draws against teams like burnley and Swansea. Then when you demand more from the players and coaches you're told to get behind he players.
"We accept draws"!! We are fans, what the fuck are fans supposed to do? How do fans not accept a draw, what does that look like? I'm assuming you don't accept a draw, so tell us what it is that you are doing to not accept it.

Sorry if this has already been said, but at least this weekend wasn't catastrophic with Liverpool getting just as negative a result as us, and Chelsea and Woolwich ultimately nullifying oneanother to get a point each.

Big winners of the weekend were the Manchester clubs - but there was already a feeling that those two might run away with the league anyway.

Oh Boo fucking hoo......get out your arse, some of you think going to games is some right of passage to an opinion. Travelled from South to North London every week for over a decade, bus, train, three tubes and a four hour round trip.

Big fucking deal
South to North London hahaha well done mate, for your amazing decades worth of commitment how about you dictate how far spurs fans should travel for home games, whilst you relax on the sofa and watch on a laptop.

It's not obvious that you have when you can't see his obvious failings and footballing limitations.
I hope you can accept that there is nothing I would like more than for him to morph into some kind of Yaya Toure powerhouse and be everything that you say he is, but I'm comfortable with my appraisal and believe he will be gone in the not too distant future.
It's one of those occasions where I will delighted to be proven wrong .

Are you talking about Sissoko or Sammyspurs?

:ossie:

The thing is, you have a go at people when they criticise Sissoko, who is clearly our worst first team player, then you slag off a lot of first teamers. And make snide jokes about Trippier, every time Aurier does something good its 'oh Trippier didn't do enough take ons blah blah'. Cunt who cares, they both play for Tottenham. Rather than paying out Trips when Aurier does well pay out an opposition player if you really have to.

Was Sissoko our "worst first team player" yesterday?

Get behind all of our players not just your favourites

Sorry if this has already been said, but at least this weekend wasn't catastrophic with Liverpool getting just as negative a result as us, and Chelsea and Woolwich ultimately nullifying oneanother to get a point each.

Big winners of the weekend were the Manchester clubs - but there was already a feeling that those two might run away with the league anyway.

That's why I feel much better about the draw. I'm still pissed but we still didn't lose ground on most of the teams around us.

We have a few frustrating games like this each season. Poch and the players will learn from this and adapt so that next time we have a set of visitors that just park the bus. We will be better prepared. This came in one of our tightest periods schedule wise so it is not that surprising that it happened tbh. Not trying to defend the result, just making sense of some of the factors in why it happened (hectic and tight schedule, our current starting LB runned ragged, a couple of players on the injury list who could have otherwise contributed to a better result etc).

We analyse, we learn, we adapt, we move on. We're 5th in the table right now and the season is long.

Lets hope that we do adapt and quickly.

Every team that comes to Wembley is going to play the same way (except Dippers who must play their headless-chicken brand at all costs).
Spam will no doubt play that way next week as well.

Lets hope that we do adapt and quickly.

Every team that comes to Wembley is going to play the same way (except Dippers who must play their headless-chicken brand at all costs).
Spam will no doubt play that way next week as well.
Actually, Spam will be in full cup final mode, so hopefully we can catch them on the counter like Dortmund. The players will have to not think they can stroll it this time.

Actually, Spam will be in full cup final mode, so hopefully we can catch them on the counter like Dortmund. The players will have to not think they can stroll it this time.
They won't be set up to attack imo so we'll have the majority of possession and look to break them down. Small teams never look to dominate their better opponent, that's not how it's done.

Who "accepts" draws? This is bullshit. Every fan wants to win every game. What some do is try to be realistic about where we are in the grand scheme of things and what we can do when we are in a temporary home. In other words, we try not to be too reactionary and act like the world is ending.
Of course thing is dropped pts are going to come back and haunt us come may

Don't you remember Spam in their last few cup finals against us? They try to win it. They don't play for the draw.
Bilic is under pressure and will look to avoid defeat, he probably knows if he goes for the win toe-to-toe, they will get hammered. Last couple of games when they won they also sat back and hit us on the counter so we'll have to break them down as usual.

Back
Top Bottom