Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Japan are playing right now in the Olympics v Mexico.
Our guy not in the starting line up. Not sure if he's a sub or is still injured.

Japan are playing right now in the Olympics v Mexico.
Our guy not in the starting line up. Not sure if he's a sub or is still injured.

Not on the bench and Japan two up. The longer they are in the tournament the less chance of him signing for us I reckon. Unless we can pressurise him to withdraw with this injury which has caused him to miss two games.

Not on the bench and Japan two up. The longer they are in the tournament the less chance of him signing for us I reckon. Unless we can pressurise him to withdraw with this injury which has caused him to miss two games.
No chance unless the injury will keep him out for the entire time , but if there is even a slim chance of playing any part he will stay.. This is a home olympics

I would imagine that his pending transfer is the reason why he isn’t being risked after his injury. The tournament itself is not going to affect him coming here, we are just haggling over the last details with Bologna.

I would imagine that his pending transfer is the reason why he isn’t being risked after his injury. The tournament itself is not going to affect him coming here, we are just haggling over the last details with Bologna.
People are saying he hasn't signed because of the Olympics but I disagree

Clearly he hasn't signed because we are haggling over a couple of million with Bologna. Personal terms are done with the player so we could sign him at any time.

Maybe and maybe all I could say is that Spurs think if they wait longer in the window that Bologna will sell for less and as he's at the olympics there isn't a rush to agree a deal with Bologna as he won't be available until late August anyway.
I don't think the injury thing is an issue. Just think its haggling.

Or maybe maybe we are looking at a better RB?

People are saying he hasn't signed because of the Olympics but I disagree

Clearly he hasn't signed because we are haggling over a couple of million with Bologna. Personal terms are done with the player so we could sign him at any time.

Maybe and maybe all I could say is that Spurs think if they wait longer in the window that Bologna will sell for less and as he's at the olympics there isn't a rush to agree a deal with Bologna as he won't be available until late August anyway.
I don't think the injury thing is an issue. Just think its haggling.

Or maybe maybe we are looking at a better RB?
I dunno, have a feeling the deal could be about done, but maybe on hold until further sales have been sorted out. Romero you'd imagine is the priority right now, so for other deals we might be waiting for confirmation on shifting Winks, Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko.

Or maybe things are opening up a bit and they intend to spend a bit bigger on two CB's and maybe try to find a cheaper deal at right back. Seems as if there's lots of moving parts. Tomiyasu is good though, I'd be very happy with him as our rb signing.

As I said on the other thread I want an actual RB

not a CB who can play RB not a RWB who is clearly not a RB.

Someone who is an out and out RB. Athleticism down the wing. Can cross and defend equally as well. Is that too hard to ask?
It's easy to ask, but hard to deliver.
Who would be your choice? And for how many quids?

I dunno, have a feeling the deal could be about done, but maybe on hold until further sales have been sorted out. Romero you'd imagine is the priority right now, so for other deals we might be waiting for confirmation on shifting Winks, Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko.

Or maybe things are opening up a bit and they intend to spend a bit bigger on two CB's and maybe try to find a cheaper deal at right back. Seems as if there's lots of moving parts. Tomiyasu is good though, I'd be very happy with him as our rb signing.
I always thought they were using Foyth money for Tomiyasu

Not sure. As in Tomiyasu was the foyth replacement :?

Apparently Tomiyasu has an ankle injury.

I can't imagine we'd finalise any deal until we've had a full & thorough medical investigation, and that probably can't happen until after the Olympics.

We've lost players for 3 months or more under the vague description of "ankle injuries".

Also, if it's a medium term injury, Levy would probably want a cheaper fee. I seem to remember when we signed Bale on that loan / pay part- salary deal, there were rumours Levy had negotiated a month's discount because Gareth turned up unable to play immediately with a gammy knee.

:levywtf:

Apparently Tomiyasu has an ankle injury.

I can't imagine we'd finalise any deal until we've had a full & thorough medical investigation, and that probably can't happen until after the Olympics.

We've lost players for 3 months or more under the vague description of "ankle injuries".

Also, if it's a medium term injury, Levy would probably want a cheaper fee. I seem to remember when we signed Bale on that loan / pay part- salary deal, there were rumours Levy had negotiated a month's discount because Gareth turned up unable to play immediately with a gammy knee.

:levywtf:
Even if we could sign him before the Olympics have finished, we won't.

It would be a crazy thing to do, sign a player in the middle of a tournament when the next game he could break a leg.
Of course, we could have everything agreed in principle and signed dependent on him staying fi until after the Olympics, but actually signing him...No chance.

Even if we could sign him before the Olympics have finished, we won't.

It would be a crazy thing to do, sign a player in the middle of a tournament when the next game he could break a leg.
Of course, we could have everything agreed in principle and signed dependent on him staying fi until after the Olympics, but actually signing him...No chance.

Agree with that - but rumour we are signing Gil who is playing at same tournament

I think he was injured before tournament so maybe waiting to see him play post injury (and still to finalise deal with Bologna)

Back
Top Bottom