Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree with that - but rumour we are signing Gil who is playing at same tournament

I think he was injured before tournament so maybe waiting to see him play post injury (and still to finalise deal with Bologna)
Yeah, I think the same applies to him.

Think Gazza to Lazio...Done deal, everything in place, Gazza does his cruciate in last game of season, stays with us until proved fit.

Yeah, I think the same applies to him.

Think Gazza to Lazio...Done deal, everything in place, Gazza does his cruciate in last game of season, stays with us until proved fit.
I'd rather not think Gazza to Lazio.

Indeed, I've no idea what anyone involved in that transfer was thinking.....

I'd rather not think Gazza to Lazio.

Indeed, I've no idea what anyone involved in that transfer was thinking.....

We were desperate for the money. I remember him walking out with the team at the charity shield the next season hoping he was going to stay but he was obviously fucked. Should have chosen a different surgeon.

The Gil transfer puts to bed the notion that we haven't concluded this yet due to him being at the Olympics then surely?

Still haggling? Waiting for news on his ankle? Assessing multiple options?

The Gil transfer puts to bed the notion that we haven't concluded this yet due to him being at the Olympics then surely?

Still haggling? Waiting for news on his ankle? Assessing multiple options?

My guess...

Not like we've seen any other persistent RB links.........

Fabrizio Romano update on twitch today :

"It will take a few days to sort out Tomiyasu's situation as he is still at the Olympics. Atalanta are also interested in Tomiyasu so they are also monitoring the situation at the moment."

Nothing new really. Spurs seem to be just taking their time on this one which I guess is ok. Not as confident as I was say 2 weeks ago.

"It will take a few days to sort out Tomiyasu's situation as he is still at the Olympics. Atalanta are also interested in Tomiyasu so they are also monitoring the situation at the moment."

Nothing new really. Spurs seem to be just taking their time on this one which I guess is ok. Not as confident as I was say 2 weeks ago.
From what we here Don Parasitei negotiates multiple deals for the same position and the coaching team pick the best fit. He may well have another RB stashed on ice....

From what we here Don Parasitei negotiates multiple deals for the same position and the coaching team pick the best fit. He may well have another RB stashed on ice....
1. He's not the Don (yet. Get that CB first and then maybe)
2. Yeah true I think they may be looking at other RB's although no names in the press

I think olympics means club feels there is no rush and obviously they are still haggling over the fee with Bologna. I'd prefer another option at RB in all honesty as I feel this guy is something similar to Ben Davies but right footed.

Ain't going to end up with Atalanta saying we can have Romero if we back out of the Tomiyasu transfer is it ?

We also have two RBs on the books. We're probably seeing if we can sell Aurier first. If not, why buy a 3rd? Doherty didn't have a good season, but he'll likely do better this one, and might be a better option than a new RB who needs a season to bed in. I'm more concerned we sign a CB - or two.

We also have two RBs on the books. We're probably seeing if we can sell Aurier first. If not, why buy a 3rd? Doherty didn't have a good season, but he'll likely do better this one, and might be a better option than a new RB who needs a season to bed in. I'm more concerned we sign a CB - or two.

There is no reason to think that Doherty is going to have a better season at RB or be close to good enough to start.

It is pretty clear he is a RWB only, at the PL level, thinking “this year will be different” would a risky and stupid plan.

If we can’t sell Aurier we should end his contract and buy him out. He has said multiple times he wants out and sucks anyways. There is no place for him here anymore.

There is no reason to think that Doherty is going to have a better season at RB or be close to good enough to start.

It is pretty clear he is a RWB only, at the PL level, thinking “this year will be different” would a risky and stupid plan.

If we can’t sell Aurier we should end his contract and buy him out. He has said multiple times he wants out and sucks anyways. There is no place for him here anymore.
Agree with Part 1 don't agree with Part 2. Let's get a bit of money for Aurier and put it towards a new RB.

Aurier's defensive awareness will never be good, but he has developed into a decent player for us. Inconsistent but often one of our better players over the last two seasons. He is a real attacking threat. Doherty has shown he can be a decent player in the PL. Watching him play you can see he's got ability and is a unit. Just a bit slow to react at times. Personally would like to see him get a second season, how many players have bombed in their first season only to improve?

Let's get a bit of money for Aurier and put it towards a new RB.

Even more so with Aurier only having a year left on his contract. If he doesn’t get sold this summer he’ll go for nothing at the end of his deal so it’s best for all parties that he goes now.

Agree with Part 1 don't agree with Part 2. Let's get a bit of money for Aurier and put it towards a new RB.

Of course sell him if we can but with him having one year left I don’t want him back if nobody will take him from us.

Aurier's defensive awareness will never be good, but he has developed into a decent player for us. Inconsistent but often one of our better players over the last two seasons. He is a real attacking threat. Doherty has shown he can be a decent player in the PL. Watching him play you can see he's got ability and is a unit. Just a bit slow to react at times. Personally would like to see him get a second season, how many players have bombed in their first season only to improve?

I am fine with Doherty back as a sub, especially if we go with a back 3, but no way should he be in our starting 11.

His issue wasn’t with it being his first year his issue is he clearly doesn’t work in a back 4. That isn’t changing.

I did wonder that too. Weird there seems to be no takers for him. At the price we’d want he’d be a good option for lots of teams. I guess maybe they won’t offer him the wages he is after.

Back from injury, starting vs France in a few minutes. Number 14, not sure yet if he'll be RB or CB. Edit: playing left of centre in a back four.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom