Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not watching it, but Japan are 2-0 up so he can't be doing anything too bad I guess.
Very good so far anyway. Japan are a good bit better than France, nippy technical players. Tomiyasu passing well, defending well, heading away set pieces. Yellow carded in first half for a trip and one wayward clearance under pressure are the only marks against him, I'll be happy if we sign him.

Very good so far anyway. Japan are a good bit better than France, nippy technical players. Tomiyasu passing well, defending well, heading away set pieces. Yellow carded in first half for a trip and one wayward clearance under pressure are the only marks against him, I'll be happy if we sign him.
That France team is pants in all fairness.

Olympic football is a joke. Thauvin and Gignac for France "U23s" ffs

:pochcmon:

Cheers for the summary. If he is back playing, I wonder if we will tie it up relatively soon.

Cheers for the summary. If he is back playing, I wonder if we will tie it up relatively soon.
Hope so, the market for RB's isn't great and the more I watch of Tomiyasu the more I think he'd be a very astute signing at the price. Could be like an Azpilicueta, adaptable and versatile player, not a word beater with youtube flashpoints but firmly 7-8/10 wherever you play him.

Hope so, the market for RB's isn't great and the more I watch of Tomiyasu the more I think he'd be a very astute signing at the price. Could be like an Azpilicueta, adaptable and versatile player, not a word beater with youtube flashpoints but firmly 7-8/10 wherever you play him.
It's encouraging he played today. If it was a very serious ankle injury, he surely would have been rested.

But obviously we still need a full & thorough medical.

Are they playing him at RB or CB, mate?

Are they playing him at RB or CB, mate?
Left centre back today. Very good against a poor French side. Good comfort on the ball and zipped good passes to the wings, even hit a few cross field passes with his left foot. Very strong in the air. He's not a game changer CB for us or anything, but I really like the player as a versatile squad option for years to come. Ben Davies comps are a bit off the mark, he's taller, stronger, quicker, two footed and at 22 you'd never know how good he could end up at CB. More of an Azpilicueta at RB if thats's where we intend to play him, not going to bomb down the wing relentlessly, but a good combative defender who uses the ball well.

Left centre back today. Very good against a poor French side. Good comfort on the ball and zipped good passes to the wings, even hit a few cross field passes with his left foot. Very strong in the air. He's not a game changer CB for us or anything, but I really like the player as a versatile squad option for years to come. Ben Davies comps are a bit off the mark, he's taller, stronger, quicker, two footed and at 22 you'd never know how good he could end up at CB. More of an Azpilicueta at RB if thats's where we intend to play him, not going to bomb down the wing relentlessly, but a good combative defender who uses the ball well.
Do you think he is strong enough to play RB in the PL?

I saw a picture of him and he is very thin.

Do you think he is strong enough to play RB in the PL?

I saw a picture of him and he is very thin.
absolutely, RB or CB in a two or three. I feel like maybe I'm standing up for him a bit too much on here now, I don't think he's some world class player or anything, but he's very good and with potential to really kick on when he moves to a better team than Bologna.

When you have Ashley Young dominating the league it ain't great, club and international football are completely different

When you say dominating; you mean like a one-man army..... Schwarzenegger style?

3Vx4ci.gif

Back
Top Bottom