Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure about that.

Heavier set players are never up and down the line types for long, look how Walker (the most athletically gifted of his generation by a mile) and how he’s had to adapt. TanGanga had a few games where he showed excellent potential as a running full back, but think that may have led him to a development path that leads to the susceptibility for the injuries he has.

If heavier, by proxy, when you run or take on any athletic endeavour, you create more metabolic churn, he does not appear to have the recovery potential to flourish at Spurs playing the way we/he wants IMO. Hopefully this new DOF will employ a couple of world class sports science researchers, then maybe they can get him a plan that works, change of diet/supps, because anybody with eyes for it can see Spurs players have been collectively exhausted for 3years now, creating successive inverted gestalt performances.

Interesting theories, but when we can point to specific impacts/tackles/fouls causing the injuries then these theories remain mere rhetoric.

Where’s that? Maybe I have the starter on ignore…

Do you not think I may have had a point about Bergwijn and those hypo eyes…???

White film on his tongue? Sigh!!!

......I still reckon he's on da weed.

Interesting theories, but when we can point to specific impacts/tackles/fouls causing the injuries then these theories remain mere rhetoric.
Hardly, it’s the residue of athletic performance = lactic acid muscles, Uric joints etc. Once a player runs around a while his lymphatic system needs to be ready to roll, if this is not on point, essentially tiny needles in Uric are left in the areas that then get banged and it’s probably an order of magnitude worse, because you have biological gridlock at a moment of injury…

Back on SpursCommunity before Harry’s first major ankle injury I posted about ‘my stuff’ focused on H and how I could see he was going to get injured due to presentation, got pellets, then two games later…

The thing that drove it home to me was when I saw Harry’s injury and watched it over and over, then another identical at much higher velocity and that player played against us the following game (as his recovery potential was not compromised like Harry’s).

Obviously this is factorial not everything, but I can tell a player whose body is signaling to rest and repair, it’s my gift and most readers on here’s curse!!!

......I still reckon he's on da weed.
I’m a HSP (innate sensitive in jungian psyc), sometimes on the weed I get heightened sensory awareness of all this stuff and feel almost enlightened about it, then by the time I try to formulate a paper from it the ‘ting’ has left me!!!

I’m a HSP (innate sensitive in jungian psyc), sometimes on the weed I get heightened sensory awareness of all this stuff and feel almost enlightened about it, then by the time I try to formulate a paper from it the ‘ting’ has left me!!!

Seize the moment (thoughts).... Dictaphone or it's gone.

Seize the moment (thoughts).... Dictaphone or it's gone.

Agree about Stevie, no doubt he was toking, not sure lately, but he blows out and has little second wind, it would be soo cool if our guys look refreshed next season and have that bodily resilience which follows when the balance of wind up, play, recover is world class.

Last edited:
My questions are: Why are we the only English club that's interested in him? Why have Woolwich left him and said "All yours!"? Is this someone for which we should be paying £20m?
All good questions and they'll never be answered. Clubs rarely explain why they sign a certain player.

I have no idea if this guy will be any good for us. I know people will want explanations if he isn't but they won't get them either. Presumably he was identified by Paritici as i'd be surprised if any of our 3 most recent managers had even heard of him.

It's 20M roughly what we paid for Serge. More than we paid for Doherty. Let's just hope he's better than them.

My questions are: Why are we the only English club that's interested in him? Why have Woolwich left him and said "All yours!"? Is this someone for which we should be paying £20m?
Son wasn't being aggressively pursued by any EPL club other than us I believe. He turned out great. The hope is our scouts have found someone others have missed.

The likely scenario is this is another profit investment move by ENIC given his potential market rather than a true footballing move.

Back
Top Bottom