Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It tells me that he is not our priority. And if it is not a priority, you don't have to match the first offer.
And if you miss the chance to sign non-priority player, than it is fine.

Point is - I don't know his level, you don't know his level. Why panic if we get him or not.
I know fuck all about him, and same is about you. It is just funny how you think that we should pay whatever the selling club wants.

I don’t think you understand the point mate. Nobody is saying he is Lionel Messi, but if we are struggling to pay for let’s be honest, an unknown right back, what does that say when we actually want to sign the top quality central defender we need ? My point being, Spurs always fumble about in the transfer window. Pay the fucking asking price and stop dragging out transfers every single window, it’s so tiresome and predictable. We are then left with starting another season unprepared because of Levy’s stubbornness and inability to action a transfer properly.

I don’t think you understand the point mate. Nobody is saying he is Lionel Messi, but if we are struggling to pay for let’s be honest, an unknown right back, what does that say when we actually want to sign the top quality central defender we need ? My point being, Spurs always fumble about in the transfer window. Pay the fucking asking price and stop dragging out transfers every single window, it’s so tiresome and predictable. We are then left with starting another season unprepared because of Levy’s stubbornness and inability to action a transfer properly.

100%.

Every single transfer.

No one is saying meet the asking price every time but surely there are occasions when the valuation is pretty much on the money..

I'd have thought a left sided CB would be a greater priority.

Dier, Davies and Rodon. Unless Joe-boy leaves we don't need a left sided CB.
Tanganga has played left side as well.
Sanchez and Toby need replacing. And of course Awfulier.
And also Takehiro is err..ambipedal.

Tanganga will be loaned IMO and that is a good idea. Maybe Norwich?

If he isnt going to play then he needs a loan, absolutely.

Question is, with no Tomiyasu, would he play?

If no, then fine, makes sense to loan him and bring in Tomiyasu (assuming its thought he is more first team ready)

If yes, then there is more to think about there.

We havent had a natural LCB since Vertonghen left. We need one.

Im not averse to Davies being converted, has done ok for Wales, but Id expect us to focus more on that than RCB where basically its everyone else you mentions natural position.

Rodon is not really an ideal fit for the LCB in a back 3 and not good enough to start for us at LCB in a back 4.

Davies as the 6th CB would be ok.

Dier flat out sucks and shouldn't be used at all whether in the first 11 or as a bench player.

I would hope that we have better options than Rodon, Davies and Dier for the starting LCB position as that depth is terrible.

I get your general point.
In some (maybe even most) instances we should act quickly and if needed, pay few extra millions.

Just that - I am not sure this specific target is one of those instances. It seems way more like an opportunistic purchase rather than key addition (say Skriniar, Kouande). And I agree that with priority signings we should be quicker and more decisive. Yet I don't think that bargaining over more unknown player has direct implications on how we do the key-deals.

Might be wrong ofc.

Hahaha, good old Spurs fans.

Day 1 -
"Never heard of Tomiyasu! Who the fuck is he?"

Day 2 -
"Oh, based on YT reels he seems bit risky option, not sure about him"

Day 3 -
"Well, seems we are not linked to everyone else better, so maybe we should then at least get this guy"

Day 4 -
"For fuck sake Levy, he is the most important target ever. I want him at my club at any cost. Why are you not willing to spend 200 mil on him. Just pay whatever they ask!!"

:mourhandlaugh:
The 4 stages of spurs grief.

If he’s from Okinawa, like Myagi, then I’m all in. Most centurions, highest age average of ‘healthful lifespan’ etc.

Much Calcium in those lands (closest to 2:1 N6/N3, along with Italy from memory, Italy more due to Olive rather than Sunflower as primary Oil), though they eat 90% Sweet Potato natively and are short arses due to very low protein, so this chap ain’t eating full traditional diet, given his height.

If he’s from Okinawa, like Myagi, then I’m all in. Most centurions, highest age average of ‘healthful lifespan’ etc.

Much Calcium in those lands (closest to 2:1 N6/N3, along with Italy from memory, Italy more due to Olive rather than Sunflower as primary Oil), though they eat 90% Sweet Potato natively and are short arses due to very low protein, so this chap ain’t eating full traditional diet, given his height.
Come on, stop hanging in this thread. You're needed in the transfer thread for a quick visual medical of Thuram's tounge.

He's been unlucky. A bit like Kane; most of this injury woes have come from impacts rather than twists, muscle tweaks etc.
Not sure about that.

Heavier set players are never up and down the line types for long, look how Walker (the most athletically gifted of his generation by a mile) and how he’s had to adapt. TanGanga had a few games where he showed excellent potential as a running full back, but think that may have led him to a development path that leads to the susceptibility for the injuries he has.

If heavier, by proxy, when you run or take on any athletic endeavour, you create more metabolic churn, he does not appear to have the recovery potential to flourish at Spurs playing the way we/he wants IMO. Hopefully this new DOF will employ a couple of world class sports science researchers, then maybe they can get him a plan that works, change of diet/supps, because anybody with eyes for it can see Spurs players have been collectively exhausted for 3years now, creating successive inverted gestalt performances.

Come on, stop hanging in this thread. You're needed in the transfer thread for a quick visual medical of Thuram's tounge.
Where’s that? Maybe I have the starter on ignore…

Do you not think I may have had a point about Bergwijn and those hypo eyes…???

White film on his tongue? Sigh!!!

Back
Top Bottom