Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So as per usual Spurs haggling over a price and taking weeks to actually conclude a deal. Why don’t you just pay what they fucking want Spurs for once!!!! Then move onto other targets. Every single transfer window we get this

Hahaha, good old Spurs fans.

Day 1 -
"Never heard of Tomiyasu! Who the fuck is he?"

Day 2 -
"Oh, based on YT reels he seems bit risky option, not sure about him"

Day 3 -
"Well, seems we are not linked to everyone else better, so maybe we should then at least get this guy"

Day 4 -
"For fuck sake Levy, he is the most important target ever. I want him at my club at any cost. Why are you not willing to spend 200 mil on him. Just pay whatever they ask!!"

:mourhandlaugh:

I was wondering where Tomiyasu leaves Tanganga, sounds like essentially the same profile of player
Loan him out. He needs regular team starts and we need to see if he is physically fit enough for the Premier League. He hasn't played often but still picked up a lot of injuries. Not a good sign.

Day 1 -

Day 2 -

Day 3 -
"Well, seems we are not linked to everyone else better, so maybe we should then at least get this guy"

Day 4 -
"For fuck sake Levy, he is the most important target ever. I want him at my club at any cost. Why are you not willing to spend 200 mil on him. Just pay whatever they ask!!"

Exactly, too much hysteria. In effect this guy is just a Foyth replacement, initially a squad filler who will need time to adapt and may or may not come good. We still need two proper central defenders who are sufficiently experienced enough to come in and perform immediately.

Loan him out. He needs regular team starts and we need to see if he is physically fit enough for the Premier League. He hasn't played often but still picked up a lot of injuries. Not a good sign.

He's the same age, injuries may be an issue but his physicality isnt, and he's played RB/RCB for us well - not sure a loan is appropriate, if its just to bring in another player of a very similar profile

He's the same age, injuries may be an issue but his physicality isnt, and he's played RB/RCB for us well - not sure a loan is appropriate, if its just to bring in another player of a very similar profile

The difference is that Tomiyasu has a few seasons of established first team football under his belt. He's a lot more likely to hit the ground running than Tanganga. Also, the ability to seamlessly switch between back three and back four in the middle of a match isn't something that any player can do.

Tomiyasu is proven quality that could prove to be a lot more expensive in a couple of seasons from now.

Ive never seen Tomiyasu play, and Im certainly not against improving our squad.

I suppose Im questioning if he is really THAT good we should impede a home grown talent.

Because Tanganga has, to me, looked pretty talented when he's played. Never been a real let down, which can only bode well, and operated reasonably at RB despite being a CB.

Seems to me is and Tomiyasu are the same profile of player. Only obvious difference is Tomiyasu's experience, something Tanganga will struggle to find if Tomiyasu comes in.

Id have thought a left sided CB would be a greater priority.

Ive never seen Tomiyasu play, and Im certainly not against improving our squad.

I suppose Im questioning if he is really THAT good we should impede a home grown talent.

Because Tanganga has, to me, looked pretty talented when he's played. Never been a real let down, which can only bode well, and operated reasonably at RB despite being a CB.

Seems to me is and Tomiyasu are the same profile of player. Only obvious difference is Tomiyasu's experience, something Tanganga will struggle to find if Tomiyasu comes in.

Id have thought a left sided CB would be a greater priority.
It’s more about marketing via AIA

Possibly, Im sure access to the Asian market could be a factor - but Id be surprised if its the sole reason.

Im inclined to believe Tomiyasu is a very good player, not really doubting that - rather questioning the need/impact of getting him in.

Tomiyasu and Tanganga are the same age which suggests to me that Tomiyasu has developed with more success than Tanganga which makes him the better prospect. Tanganga should be loaned out to the Championship for more experience. He might be a late bloomer but 22 is a bit old for "Come on guys, when are you going to let me play?".

Day 1 -

Day 2 -

Day 3 -

Day 4 -

Who said pay 200 mil you fucking sarcastic knob head? If we are targeting him and haggling over 2 bloody mil, what does that tell you ? Means once again, we are struggling to acquire our targets due to our pathetic stance in the market. If we want him, pay the fucking money!!! It ain’t that hard is it? Get the deals in early, so we can concentrate on strengthening this squad, simple as.

Who said pay 200 mil you fucking sarcastic knob head? If we are targeting him and haggling over 2 bloody mil, what does that tell you ? Means once again, we are struggling to acquire our targets due to our pathetic stance in the market. If we want him, pay the fucking money!!! It ain’t that hard is it? Get the deals in early, so we can concentrate on strengthening this squad, simple as.
I think the main problem is that it happens with every deal, haggling over a few million makes sense if you have a set valuation of the player and it happens to be slightly less than the selling club. But with us it just seems to be a case of finding out what the selling club wants and offering a few million less just to haggle and allow Levy to feel like he's bagged a bargain.

It simply cannot be just a coincidence that this happens on ALL of our transfers. If for some bizarre reason Villa decided they were going to sell Grealish for £10m tomorrow, and we were somehow the only club interested, you just know we would offer £8m and spend 2 weeks haggling to agree on £9.8m.

Every bloody transfer with this club is like pulling teeth.

It tells me that he is not our priority. And if it is not a priority, you don't have to match the first offer.
And if you miss the chance to sign non-priority player, than it is fine.

Point is - I don't know his level, you don't know his level. Why panic if we get him or not.
I know fuck all about him, and same is about you. It is just funny how you think that we should pay whatever the selling club wants.

Tomiyasu and Tanganga are the same age which suggests to me that Tomiyasu has developed with more success than Tanganga which makes him the better prospect. Tanganga should be loaned out to the Championship for more experience. He might be a late bloomer but 22 is a bit old for "Come on guys, when are you going to let me play?".
Tanganga has a huge amount more Prem experience, and has never shown he needs to go elsewhere to learn the ropes. I believe he could do with a run in the team now, or at least continued appearances.

Tomiyasu is a) Japanese and b) Coming from Serie A - how often to either come to the EPL and settle quickly?

Like I say, Im not against Tomiyasu, he could be the next big thing and precisely the sort of player we should buy now because otherwise he'll be out of reach later, its how I think the club should operate.

My question is more about do we need a RCB/RB to come in when we have exactly that profile of player coming through the ranks.

Id be absolutely ecstatic if he was LCB/LB, but as he clashes directly with Tanganga Im a little perplexed by it.

He's been unlucky. A bit like Kane; most of this injury woes have come from impacts rather than twists, muscle tweaks etc.

Tanganga has a huge amount more Prem experience, and has never shown he needs to go elsewhere to learn the ropes. I believe he could do with a run in the team now, or at least continued appearances.

Tomiyasu is a) Japanese and b) Coming from Serie A - how often to either come to the EPL and settle quickly?

Like I say, Im not against Tomiyasu, he could be the next big thing and precisely the sort of player we should buy now because otherwise he'll be out of reach later, its how I think the club should operate.

My question is more about do we need a RCB/RB to come in when we have exactly that profile of player coming through the ranks.

Id be absolutely ecstatic if he was LCB/LB, but as he clashes directly with Tanganga Im a little perplexed by it.

I think a year of regular first team football would do Tanganga the world of good (same theory as Skipp's loan last season).

I think a year of regular first team football would do Tanganga the world of good (same theory as Skipp's loan last season).

That may be, I also think he can be of value to the squad now - unlike Skipp who clearly needed the development.

Not against loaning him out, just as Im not against signing Tomiyasu, I just see a conflict/clash there and am concerned for what it means for Tanganga.

I think the main problem is that it happens with every deal, haggling over a few million makes sense if you have a set valuation of the player and it happens to be slightly less than the selling club. But with us it just seems to be a case of finding out what the selling club wants and offering a few million less just to haggle and allow Levy to feel like he's bagged a bargain.

It simply cannot be just a coincidence that this happens on ALL of our transfers. If for some bizarre reason Villa decided they were going to sell Grealish for £10m tomorrow, and we were somehow the only club interested, you just know we would offer £8m and spend 2 weeks haggling to agree on £9.8m.

Every bloody transfer with this club is like pulling teeth.

We may very well be 'penny smart, pund foolish', but I really doubt it's just done for the sake of haggling.

Back
Top Bottom