Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a notion and people will find it very hard to be honest about it or truly understand it but for a lot of people, being English is being white. I say that not to be inflammatory but to start a true debate.

Now I can expand on that and it goes way beyond some obvious thoughts but it is true.

A difficult comment to stomach and it does not in any way shape or form mean everyone who sees it like this is a racist but it quite incontrovertible and it talks of a deep seated notion of what constitutes being English.

It is very very multi faceted so when we talk racism in football the first thing is to get rid of the 'in football' bit.
Are you on the right thread?!...🤔

Can't believe we have an 8 page thread dedicated to such a mediocre potential signing. Did I dream it or were we not a top 4 club challenging near the top of the table not that long ago?

Fuck me we are in the skids
homeless GIF

Can't believe we have an 8 page thread dedicated to such a mediocre potential signing. Did I dream it or were we not a top 4 club challenging near the top of the table not that long ago?

Fuck me we are in the skids
homeless GIF
It's pretty tragic.

This is the kind of signing that should go under the radar and be wrapped up in a few days. Not be drawn out like it's some major deal.

It's pretty tragic.

This is the kind of signing that should go under the radar and be wrapped up in a few days. Not be drawn out like it's some major deal.

This thread and this common perception of the window being some kind of show for the fans is meaningless.

Ultimately two things matter:

Who arrives?
Do they deliver?

This thread and this common perception of the window being some kind of show for the fans is meaningless.

Ultimately two things matter:

Who arrives?
Do they deliver?
I agree but this being our only advanced/serious link and dragging out over such a low fee/low profile of player is hardly the sign of a club making big strides.

(Not that I was expecting us to make strides this summer)

Back
Top Bottom