Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully rap this up quickly.

Except I've seen somewhere that Tomiyasu is likely to be selected for the Japanese team for the Tokyo Olympics, which end around August 8th.

So, once you factor in any Covid-19 isolation period travelling to the UK, he'd miss all of pre-season.

Since Tomiyasu will also be adapting to a new league, he probably won't be up to speed until mid to late autumn.

Except I've seen somewhere that Tomiyasu is likely to be selected for the Japanese team for the Tokyo Olympics, which end around August 8th.

So, once you factor in any Covid-19 isolation period travelling to the UK, he'd miss all of pre-season.

Since Tomiyasu will also be adapting to a new league, he probably won't be up to speed until mid to late autumn.
Buzz 🐝 kill

Buzz 🐝 kill
Yup.

The source is Ally Gold.

-------------------------------------------

Tottenham will be hoping to secure a deal for the player (Tomiyasu) quickly as they step up their pre-season plans but there's a chance he will be absent for a large chunk of their preparations ahead of next campaign if he does indeed sign on the dotted line.

Named as one of Japan's 18 players for this month's Olympic Games, it won't be long at all until the youngster has to join up with his international teammates in his home country.

The Olympic Games in Tokyo are officially due to begin on Friday, July 23, with the men's football kicking off a day earlier.

Tomiyasu's place in Japan's Olympic squad will hand Nuno pre-season Spurs blow

Perhaps but also consider the following. He adapted in Italy extremely quickly and went straight into the first team despite speaking no Italian (at the time). This is a guy with a very can do approach and a good attitude. In his own words when he joined Bologna:

"I chose this team because I wanted to learn individual defense tactics. First I wanted to be on the pitch."

Also he isn't your usual Asian (we are usually small framed in this part of the world - India, Asia etc). This guy is 1.88m. He is huge and he is fast and eager to learn. Over time he could become as important for us as Van Dijk is for Liverpool. This is a special player who was even offered to join FC Barcelona's academy when young.

We cannot let this one slip it will be a huge mistake. I am telling you, if we don't sign him now, we will talking about how good he is in 2-3 years and his 80m price tag.....

Levy and Enic have to finally show some ambition and proove to the fans that they actually give a damn about the future of this football club.

Perhaps but also consider the following. He adapted in Italy extremely quickly and went straight into the first team despite speaking no Italian (at the time). This is a guy with a very can do approach and a good attitude. In his own words when he joined Bologna:

"I chose this team because I wanted to learn individual defense tactics. First I wanted to be on the pitch."

Also he isn't your usual Asian (we are usually small framed in this part of the world - India, Asia etc). This guy is 1.88m. He is huge and he is fast and eager to learn. Over time he could become as important for us as Van Dijk is for Liverpool. This is a special player who was even offered to join FC Barcelona's academy when young.

We cannot let this one slip it will be a huge mistake. I am telling you, if we don't sign him now, we will talking about how good he is in 2-3 years and his 80m price tag.....

Levy and Enic have to finally show some ambition and proove to the fans that they actually give a damn about the future of this football club.
Sure. You make a strong case.

I'm absolutely not saying "don't sign him" because of the Olympics. That would be stupidly short-sighted, and we've successfully navigated similar issues with Sonny.

I am saying he won't be featuring for us early doors, assuming we sign him.

I hope Tomiyasu turns out to be as good as your analysis suggests.

:sonpoint:

So as per usual Spurs haggling over a price and taking weeks to actually conclude a deal. Why don’t you just pay what they fucking want Spurs for once!!!! Then move onto other targets. Every single transfer window we get this

What's that got to do with his signing?

His shirts will be on sale in the Spurs shop!

So as per usual Spurs haggling over a price and taking weeks to actually conclude a deal. Why don’t you just pay what they fucking want Spurs for once!!!! Then move onto other targets. Every single transfer window we get this
It really does feel like Levy won't part with money unless he feels he's "got a discount".

Teams should just quote us £2/3 million more than they actually want for a player then. Let Levy have his pound of flesh but actually get what they want too.

That's how all this shit plays out anyway.....

- Starting price high
- Bid low
- Meet somewhere in the middle.

That's how all this shit plays out anyway.....

- Starting price high
- Bid low
- Meet somewhere in the middle.

Of course but Levy does have a very strong reputation for moving the goal posts last minute. This will probably happen but I bet by the end of it we’ve royally pissed Bologna off by dicking them about.

yeah hes one to watch imo, very quick at the back can play lb occasionally too. 6ft but hes strong and has good height on his jumps
He’s full of potential

we can’t compete with big hitters like Everton and Leicester tho, I certainly don’t want to see us in Div One a la Leeds 2002

Sure. You make a strong case.

I'm absolutely not saying "don't sign him" because of the Olympics. That would be stupidly short-sighted, and we've successfully navigated similar issues with Sonny.

I am saying he won't be featuring for us early doors, assuming we sign him.

I hope Tomiyasu turns out to be as good as your analysis suggests.

:sonpoint:

We are signing him for 3/4/5 years (probabky expecting him to be anle to play 5- gamres a year so 150/200/250 games for us) so a few games misssed isn't the end of the world - Lamela for example hoas missed getting in for half the games in his last 7 years,.

The more important thing is that he's a decent player.

Back
Top Bottom